Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

diode modules housings on DX

My thoughts are that they are the same modules as the Aixiz ones. Aixiz sent me a line module that looks IDENTICAL to the one on DX. Also, the line and cross lens modules are removable, so you can turn the line/cross into the focusable dot by simply removing the lens that converts it to a cross/line.

So, moral of the story, dont buy the Focusable dot one, buy the line/cross and remove the lens so you can use it whenever later, if you want to.

chimo

Got my 6 (3 std, 3 x-hair) today. The cross hair version has a slightly different module.

The std module uses a 5.6mm (base dim) LD.
The whole module has a 9mm OD.
Plastic Lens.
2 Tx driver cct.

img3820um8.jpg

Paul

Daedal

Cool! Your thoughts? Are they worth it?

I didn't get mine yet... :(

Thanx;
DDL

Yes,  please do a brief comaprison to the Aixis modules.  Could you post a few shots of them side by side so we can see the differences?

Also, you can resize the pics with a simple windows add-on "power-toys" for windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
there is an image resizer on it.
once you have the program installed, right click on the image and select the image size you want - usually medium works pretty well. ;)

Y

yew.sir-name

stevetexas said:
Yes,  please do a brief comaprison to the Aixis modules.  Could you post a few shots of them side by side so we can see the differences?

Also, you can resize the pics with a simple windows add-on "power-toys" for windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
there is an image resizer on it.  
once you have the program installed, right click on the image and select the image size you want - usually medium works pretty well.  ;)

or drop the pic into paint and click image stretch/skew to make it bigger/smaller.

more pics would be appreciated, i'm still waiting on mine. tracking says left hk on the 27th

Attachments

• img3820um8.jpg
    img3820um8.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 236

chimo

Sorry guys, I was in a rush - my son had an out of town soccer game and I just snapped a couple of pics, posted and left.
I don't have any Aixis modules for comparison.

Paul

chimo

I cracked open the x-hair version. It's shorter but essentially the same guts (+ the x-hair optic). I will post pics when I get a chance (and actually take some :))

Paul

chimo

I have not received my LDs yet. :(

These work, however, don't plan on popping any balloons with them. IIRC LD current is less than 20mA. I put one on my garage door opener as a parking reference (instead of a hanging tennis ball).

I will be ordering the 16mm version as well.

Paul

yew.sir-name said:
any update to this yet? i'm thinking about buying the 16mm one http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5914. i already own the 9mm ones but have no idea if they will be ok to use with senkats diodes.

We should get on DX to see if they'd be interested in selling modules well above 5mW, including the greens.

IIRC, (someone tell me if I'm wrong) they'd even be legal to import at any Wattage, as "OEM" component lasers aren't subject to the U.S. FDA regs for safety features, acession number, etc. and U.S. Customs wouldn't be able to touch them. It's then the responsibility of the builder of the completed laser to follow those rules. And maybe only then if they intend to sell them commercialy.

I know some overseas sellers have tried labing completed >5mW pointers as "OEM", but since they were a complete functional unit, switch, housing, batteries etc. and that did not fly with Uncle Sam. However, I'd think that a diode in a module housing and two bare wires would definitely qualify as OEM, no?

With their buying power, and presumably low overhead, DX might be able to offer >100mW and >200mW modules for not much more than the prices of the group-buy diodes...

could someone give me a link to what diode housing would go with SenKats GB, it can be aixiz or dealExtreme

AJ_Dual said:
We should get on DX to see if they'd be interested in selling modules well above 5mW, including the greens.

IIRC, (someone tell me if I'm wrong) they'd even be legal to import at any Wattage, as "OEM" component lasers aren't subject to the U.S. FDA regs for safety features, acession number, etc. and U.S. Customs wouldn't be able to touch them. It's then the responsibility of the builder of the completed laser to follow those rules. And maybe only then if they intend to sell them commercialy.

I know some overseas sellers have tried labing completed >5mW pointers as "OEM", but since they were a complete functional unit, switch, housing, batteries etc. and that did not fly with Uncle Sam. However, I'd think that a diode in a module housing and two bare wires would definitely qualify as OEM, no?

With their buying power, and presumably low overhead, DX might be able to offer >100mW and >200mW modules for not much more than the prices of the group-buy diodes...

Now that would be fun :)

millionaire said:
could someone give me a link to what diode housing would go with SenKats GB, it can be aixiz or dealExtreme
Yes that would be great. I also want one that can pop balloons catch stuff on fire you know.

Y

yew.sir-name

chimo said:
I placed an order for a few of the 16mm ones last night.

would senkats diodes fit in the 16mm ones? would there be too big a gap between the diode and the housing resulting in bad thermal conduction compared to the 12mm which is a snug fit?