Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DinoDirect review

I read a thread decrying them, so I've decided to roll the dice and order from them. I wasn't expecting amazing performance, so I ordered a 20mW 405nm, 5mW 650nm, and a 30mW 532 nm. Basically, the cheapest laser in each color category. I already own a 55mW 532nm Optotronics and a 100mW 650nm from Olike, so those will be my baseline.

I don't have a power meter or anything. This will be more of a review of DD than the product, as I saw many mentions of extremely long shipping times, bad customer service, and orders just plain not received. I used an Amex, so if they screw around, I'll just cancel the charge. The whole order came out to a little under $25.

Stay tuned.

I noticed a coupon code for $5 off a $15 order, and tried the live chat to see about applying it. No response there, so I sent an email. We'll see how long that takes.

Edit: So I finally received a response about 53 hours later, which isn't 24-48 hours as they claimed. They said I can't use my coupon code, which is false, as I successfully applied it on the site. So I've asked them to cancel the order, and I'll reorder it with the coupon. We'll see how that goes.

Last edited:
Haven't paid them anything. I'm not an iDinor or whatever member.

They never responded to my last email asking if I could have the coupon applied. I just used the live chat to cancel my order, and placed a new one with my coupon code. I was told I'll receive a refund in three business days.

So, order placed on 4-21.

So I got it today (5-9). I didn't check my mail Saturday, so it could've been in there as early as 5-7. That makes 16-18 days from when I placed the order. Very reasonable for something coming from Asia.

As for the units themselves, well, what can I say? They're the cheapest models they offered, so I wasn't expecting a lot.

If you guys really want pics I can post them, but the hosts are plain jane, and my little Canon powershot isn't going to give a great idea of beam quality.

All in all, great buying experience, great customer service, live chat was very fast, and fast shipping. I would definitely buy from them again.

Last edited: