Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dilda  DX 200  burning power

Re: dilda  DX 200  burning power

thekanester said:
FrancoRob

I know it sounds a bit basic, but have you checked your batteries on a multimeter? I bought a couple of rechargable CR2s from DX with mine, and one of the batteries is consistently down to about 1.8v after being fully charged. Sometimes I can charge it out if its low voltage, but other times I can't.

The beam still looks good and bright, but it won't burn anything.

I also observed that it burns better with 3.6v batteries than 3.0v ones.

Hi thekanester, with the dilda I have bought also 10 Panasonic CR2 (I'm still waiting for the rechargeable + charger,  already ordered), so for this test I have just put in two fresh batteries; they are 3.0 V, of course. I red a lot of comments about this DX, some favourable and some contraty to use the 3.6 rechargeable batteries, so I took the more conservative decision (3.0 rechargeable). I performed the test placing the DX on a horizontal stand, powwer on and focus on a screen, then putting the match two or 3 mm in front of it; procedure repeated moving the frame/match toward the dilda of 1 inch per test. What I believe is that the diode installed in these lasers have different power output, someone looks to be more lucky (hi James!!) and someone less.... but I'm not sure of it, I'll check with the LaserBee when it will arrive....

Hi im new here, I tried very hard on making a burning laser but messed up the diode twice now. So i gave up. where can i buy and kind of dilda laser?

Good afternoon to everybody (in Italy it's 3.10 pm). I have just received the LaserBee I power meter (it's a little piece of electronic jewelry), and obviously I performed a check of my dilda output power, as follows:
distance from the sensor: 4 inches
test time: 60 sec.

The power output has shown a starting 172 mW, gradually decreasing to 166 mW at the end of the test.

L

laserguys

Hi FrancoRob,
I posted the following on another thread. The 3.0 volt rechargeables
will make a big difference.

I just received the re-chargeable CR2 batteries to put into my DX200.
One heck of a difference. With standard fresh Panasonic Lithium CR2s I got
160mW and with the charged UltraFire CR2s I got 203mW.
The type of batteries and voltage do make a big difference.
I would definitely only use the UltraFire batteries with the DX200. Smiley

Hi Laserguys,
ahh, this is a good news, because I already ordered both batteries and charger to DX. So, this means that their use will bring to a good improvement of the actual results. I'll surely perform a new test at their arrivals. In the meanwhile I would like to annex a "fresh" picture (just get 10 minutes ago) of the LaserBee I power meter at work with the dilda.

Attachments

• P1010582a.jpg
    P1010582a.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 226

Laserguys:
after one month of long-suffering wait, to day I have finally received the 3.0 V CR2, and the results are astonishing: 247 mW!

Attachments

• P1010644_001.jpg
    P1010644_001.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 98

WOW! The new batteries sure make a good improvement!
I'm sure it may heat up faster also,

I like your LaserBee, can you find a nice little box to mount it in?

moond0ggie said:

Yes I noticed this as well,
With the rechargeables it heats up a lot faster but it does burn better.
I measasured the voltage of a fully charged cr2 and it reads 3.48v

moond0ggie said:

Yes, it heats up faster, but not excessively; Yesterday evening I charged two other Ultrafire 3.0V batteries, and this morning I measured the voltage with a digital multimeter: strange, one gives 3.38 V and the second 3,46 V.... :-?

LaserBee is really a nice power meter! Jerry (http://www.bauer-electron.com/eby/eby1wlpm.htm) has already "dressed" his power meter issuing a new "De Luxe" version and is working to supply a "dressing kit" for those who bought the basic version; of course I'm waiting for this kit! :)