Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diffraction grating Recomendations

Hello all, so I tried to search the forums but was having difficulty finding a thread discussing diffraction gratings. I'm interested in getting some and some prisms to play with but I'm really unsure where to find gratings that can handle higher power lasers 100mW-5W
I was really interested in getting a grating set similar to the one posted on the dragon lasers web page for their 589nm lasers but sadly they no longer offer diffraction gratings.
I have all but 3 of the Sanwu Pen lasers and some of there higher power lasers.
Can anyone given me any recommendations on where I can get a good gratins/prism set? Thanks

Dragon lasers diffraction grating.jpg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Wow, that's bad news; I was just about to point you to Dragon Lasers for their diffraction gratings, that's where I've always purchased mine, I wasn't aware that they no longer sold them. :(
I'll be following this thread to see what other options are available these days; Dragon Lasers diffraction gratings were a decent product at a reasonable price.

Anthony P

Have you tried Edmund Optics... after all, you did say good.

Actually, the plastic gratings work just as well as the glass ones for lasers up to 7 watts. You don't HAVE to go with glass for this.