Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Different kind of group buy?  *FEELER*

I suppose this might fall under "Other," but it IS a group buy, and where else would you keep all your lazor hax tutorials and pix?  *Shoots self in foot for saying "lazor hax" and "pix"*

So, this is my first group buy.  I understand if people are hesitant, but I've done business with (bought stuff from) bluray, scopeguy20, jayrob, jake21, and DrLava.  I think that's it, but perhaps more, I can't remember.

This GB will be either 16GB MS ProDuo cards, or awkward, off-brand SDHC cards, or both, depending on numbers.  All listed prices are your cost.  A slight mark up, for the cost of PayPal and my work/efforts.

The MS ProDuo can be guaranteed at $15 (which is a freaking steal), if 15+ cards are wanted.  If we get to an order of 7,000, it drops to $4.50, so ask your friends and families.  Otherwise, depending on numbers, it could go just about anywhere in there.  If we get to 50, it drops to $13, and $12 at 81+, and then the curve gets kind of steep.

Payment will not be discussed until there is an order of 15. At 15, I'll collect payment and make the first order. If it all falls through, I'll foot the bill and refund your money. Please specify if you're willing to take part in the first feeler ($15/ea.), or if you're not interested unless we get a bigger order (and a lower price).

The SDHC cards are $14, if we can get to 110.  It's not a bad price (see NewEgg), but there isn't even a name (Transcend, A-Data, SanDisk, nothing) on the card, so even I'm a little hesitant.

Re: Different kind of group buy?

Bearded_Galaxy said:
I suppose this might fall under "Other," but it IS a group buy, and where else would you keep all your lazor hax tutorials and pix?  *Shoots self in foot for saying "lazor hax" and "pix"*

So, this is my first group buy.  I understand if people are hesitant, but I've done business with (bought stuff from) bluray, scopeguy20, jayrob, jake21, and DrLava.  I think that's it, but perhaps more, I can't remember.

This GB will be either 16GB MS ProDuo cards, or awkward, off-brand SDHC cards, or both, depending on numbers.  All listed prices are your cost.  A slight mark up, for the cost of PayPal and my work/efforts.

The MS ProDuo can be guaranteed at $15 (which is a freaking steal), if 15+ cards are wanted.  If we get to an order of [highlight]7,000,[/highlight] it drops to $4.50, so ask your friends and families.  Otherwise, depending on numbers, it could go just about anywhere in there.  If we get to 50, it drops to $13, and $12 at 81+, and then the curve gets kind of steep.

The SDHC cards are $14, if we can get to 110.  It's not a bad price (see NewEgg), but there isn't even a name (Transcend, A-Data, SanDisk, nothing) on the card, so even I'm a little hesitant.

What about over 9000?

Bearded_Galaxy said:

B_G - Beware of off-brand SDHC. Many of these cards were produced for branded sale but failed quality control. The rest were likely produced in factories without QC...

cheers,
kernelpanic

Bearded_Galaxy said:
[quote author=BlackCandlez link=1238569997/0#1 date=1238665975]

What about over 9000?

No additional price breaks after 7,000.[/quote]

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TBtpyeLxVkI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TBtpyeLxVkI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

BlackCandlez said:
[quote author=Bearded_Galaxy link=1238569997/0#3 date=1238713914][quote author=BlackCandlez link=1238569997/0#1 date=1238665975]

What about over 9000?

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TBtpyeLxVkI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TBtpyeLxVkI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
[/quote]

Stop that.

Hmm... 16GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for $15? Interested in two or maybe three. Also what brand it is? Cuz there are a lot of fakes out there.
I'll keep an eye on this GB. ;)

I'd get two 16GB SDHC if they work and actually ARE 16GB. Also, it would be nice if they were Class 6... but i doubt it would be at that price (probably class 2)

so ms pro due fits in a psp phat
as long as its over 13 gb i want it

No April's fool? ;D

If you can show that they are not "faked" 16gb Memory Sticks (As long as they store 16gb, that is, I don't mind if it doesn't have MagicGate...) then I'd be in for about 2, or possibly 5-6 depending on if some of my friends want some or not.

Also, is this from a Chinese reseller? Please PM me to confirm details and possibly take payment.

BlackCandlez said:
[quote author=Bearded_Galaxy link=1238569997/0#3 date=1238713914][quote author=BlackCandlez link=1238569997/0#1 date=1238665975]

What about over 9000?

[/quote]

I laughed pretty hard at the end there, with the bleeping.

kernelpanic said:
[quote author=Bearded_Galaxy link=1238569997/0#0 date=1238569997]

B_G - Beware of off-brand SDHC. Many of these cards were produced for branded sale but failed quality control. The rest were likely produced in factories without QC...

cheers,
kernelpanic [/quote]

Thanks, that's a good point.

Vlad_13 said:
Hmm... 16GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for $15? Interested in two or maybe three. Also what brand it is? Cuz there are a lot of fakes out there.
I'll keep an eye on this GB. ;)

It has Sony's name on it, and it looks exactly like the sony MS ProDuo cards, so presumably Sony brand.  I was amazed I'd only have to buy 15 to get to that $15 price.

charlie bruce said:
No April's fool?   ;D

If you can show that they are not "faked" 16gb Memory Sticks (As long as they store 16gb, that is, I don't mind if it doesn't have MagicGate...) then I'd be in for about 2, or possibly 5-6 depending on if some of my friends want some or not.

Also, is this from a Chinese reseller? Please PM me to confirm details and possibly take payment.

Haha no April Fool's, I didn't even realize it was that day when I posted it.  What's MagicGate?  Yes, it's a Chinese reseller.  I forgot to add this, which I'll do now in the first post, but payment won't be discussed until we have actual numbers.  And to cut my losses, in case of problems, I think I'll change this too a feeler, and when we get to 15 for-sures, I'll start talking payment.

charlie bruce said:
No April's fool? ;D

Formatting always causes a loss in storage capacity. 3-8%, usually. Around 7% for NTFS, less for FAT-type formats (at least for FAT32), and it seems that it uses NTFS or ExFAT (sp?), based on the 2TB (theoretical) maximum.

Re: Different kind of group buy?  *FEELER*

If it is a Sony, then it should be in this package:

If it's fake then well it will be in some other crap... also you can tell a difference by a plastic color and the color of the paint that was use on the lettering. (Already burned myself few times by getting fakes from eBay)

Would be good idea for you to post some macro shots of the card, front and back, that is if you have one on your hands. But anyway, count me in for one (for now...)

Not necessarily. This is just the cards, not the Pro adapters, and packaging is often a large part of the cost, so no packaging and no adapter means lower cost. I don't have a card yet, so I can't test it or take pictures or anything (hence the *FEELER* header, and I said I'll foot the bill if it all falls through).

The sign of a faked MS Pro is that it won't support "Magic Gate", sony's proprietary high-speed transfer link or some marketing babble like that. I am ok with a fake stick (no MagicGate) as long as its unformatted capacity is 16gb. Count me in for 2, and a wavery, possible third.

i`m in for 1 maybe 2 mspd

Ask for a sample.
If you can verify that it is indeed 16 gigabytes, not gigabits, then i would be interested.
its a common scam on ebay etc to advertise in gigabits, because there are 8(?) bits in a byte.