Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Difference between Sharp GH0631IA2G and GH0631IA2GC?

laserboy98

Hey guys,

I‘m about to build my second ever own laser with a C6 host from survival laser and I wanted to use the brighter red 638 nm diode from Sharp. I was looking online for this diode and I noticed that some shops have it listed with an extra 'C' at the end of GH0631IA2GC. What‘s the difference, or could it be fake? Also any shop recommendations in the EU (I‘m from Germany)? Looking forward to hearing from you guys, I‘ve had this laser obsession for a long time now ;-).

Greetz,
laserboy98

Can't say I've ever noticed that before... The extra C is likely a revision, and is the current model according to their website's lineup. Probably new stock vs old stock. Looking at the datasheets, the only difference I can find is a change to manufacturing tolerance of divergence on one axis, but it's negligible in this case. My only recommendation is to stay away from beamq as their listing is close to the top of google's results for that part #, someone who's from the EU may be able to help you better

laserboy98

Hey thank you for the fast and helpful reply, I ordered the C version from LIVE Lasersystems (Austria-based) and can‘t wait to receive all the parts for my build! I might make a thread showing it off when it‘s done 😎. I wanted to make a red/orange handheld with the brightest possible single mode beam and some burning capabilities for fireworks and other fun stuff.

Paul is very knowledgeable about every thing laser. He is located in Austria, so even though his deutsch is slightly different its ok.

Paul? You mean Phillip? Haha.
You can write me here too, if you have questions.
BR
Phillip (owner of LIVE Lasersystems :p)

laserboy98

Yeah, Phillip is very nice and the diode shipped fast, now I‘m waiting for the C6 host so I can assemble it 😎