Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Did I make the right choice? When I bought the Spartan 1W 447nm?

Chainsaw574

I just bought a Spartan 1W 447nm from dragon lasers a few days ago and I bought some rechargeable batteries on amazon I bought the CR123A batteries and I want to know if I made the right choice in purchasing this.

welcome to forums,dragon lasers is good company,they is a few company sell 589nm laser,quantily is good,but price for other laser is so expensive

Philipnzw

Thank you I got the goggles from the Dragon Lasers website they were $15 should I get different goggles because I don’t want to go blind

Personally i think the goggles from Dragon Lasers are fine, they seem to have good OD ratings and it does say that the laser blocking material is part of the glass, it can even take a few scratches. On the other hand cheap laser goggles use a thin film of laser blocking material (it scratches off!) and may only work on <500mW lasers.

Chainsaw574

Personally i think the goggles from Dragon Lasers are fine, they seem to have good OD ratings and it does say that the laser blocking material is part of the glass, it can even take a few scratches. On the other hand cheap laser goggles use a thin film of laser blocking material (it scratches off!) and may only work on <500mW lasers.
What’s the difference between those goggles and goggles from survival lasers?

Philipnzw

What’s the difference between those goggles and goggles from survival lasers?

Not so sure about this since i am also new to lasers and have yet to buy my pair of goggles. The general word around here is just to not go for cheap goggles, so i guess you are fine. If you are really cautious about it i guess you can test your goggles by shining the laser at it and seeing if any light goes through. As a temporary solution, you could use your smartphone's camera to see the laser and goggles (just make sure no there is no direct line of sight).

Basically, cheap goggles safe enough when you use laser ịn dark room,It is OD2-3-i think But that is in case laser beam doesn't look into your eyes,and in the case laser beam have a rick contact with your eye, a cheap goggles can't protect, special is high power (>3W),so a high quantily is hefp you in this case, goggles on survival laser is OD5-6
And in your case,don't worrry, i think you know laser is danger,and only a fool would put the laser into his eyes
Anyway, safe is necessary

To understand more about the difference , watch the video