Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Did I hurt my eyes with a red laser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerR1234

I bought a 5mw pet cat laser at Petsmart and noticed it has a focusing lens. I tried to burn a match by focusing it but it didn’t work. I looked at the spot on the green match head for like 5 seconds and then stopped because it wasn’t working. My eyes felt funny after and I was wondering if I hurt my eyes at all or is it just in my head (I know glass reflects 10% of the lasers light so I’m guessing the reflection percentage was lower on the green match head)

RangerR1234

I bought a 5mw pet cat laser at Petsmart and noticed it has a focusing lens. I tried to burn a match by focusing it but it didn’t work. I looked at the spot on the green match head for like 5 seconds and then stopped because it wasn’t working. My eyes felt funny after and I was wondering if I hurt my eyes at all or is it just in my head (I know glass reflects 10% of the lasers light so I’m guessing the reflection percentage was lower on the green match head)
I forgot to mention it was a red laser

Status
Not open for further replies.