Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Did anybody watch the Perseid meteor shower?

Rivem

I wasn't planning to, but I changed my mind after hearing about the increased activity holding up to predictions. I decided to join some of the more hardcore members of my astronomy club at one of our dark sky sites, and it was honestly one of the best showers I've seen. Spent a near all-nighter mesmerized by the sky. It was a great end to my summer, and I'd really recommend everybody at least try to watch a meteor shower for the majority of a night.

Also, I just wanted to take a moment to announce I'm likely going to be very inactive on LPF for the next few months. I've got a busy semester of electrical engineering education I need to get through.

diachi

Didn't see much up here - think I caught one out of the corner of my eye on Saturday but didn't see much after watching for a while. It was overcast on Friday at the peak. :(

Rivem

Didn't see much up here - think I caught one out of the corner of my eye on Saturday but didn't see much after watching for a while. It was overcast on Friday at the peak. :(

Sorry to hear that man. :( Lots of my friends elsewhere were clouded out. It was partly cloudy on Thursday here, but it managed to clear up right before the evening. I stepped outside, saw a meteor, and took it as a sign. Right at moonset, I met with some of my astronomy buddies in the middle of nowhere, and we had great views. Truly one of my favorite showers.

The Geminid are usually pretty good too, but it's already hard enough for me to stay out on a December night. I can't imagine how it is up in your neck of the woods.