Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dichro for 405nm?

I am thinking about builting a triple 405nm head :D 2xPBS cubes 3x405nm diodes 3xaxz moudles and a DrLava Flexmod Driver. What do you guys think ?

Don't PBS cubes work on polarization, so they can only combine two beams, not more? For my RGV, I may eventually chuck in two blu-rays to get the added boost :)

i received my dichros and tested some 405nm through the reflect 473nm dichros and barely any beam comes back through. its more just a very light blur of 405 lighting up on the other side.

and you can use two pbs cubes and combine three beams. just like this...

3red1green.jpg

thesk8nmidget said:
i received my dichros and tested some 405nm through the reflect 473nm dichros and barely any beam comes back through. its more just a very light blur of 405 lighting up on the other side.

Huh, I thought so as much. I mean, green and blue light has a more similar wavelength than blue and blu-ray. 70nm difference is quite a lot.

So we need some custom dichros for 405nm. Any thoughts?

no im saying on the reflect blue side it would reflect ir very well and would barely let ANY light go through like its supposed to.

i think we can get away with using the 473nm specific dichros for 405nm

ill go snap some pictures right now

just snapped a few pictures....

here they are.... as you can see it reflects VERY well on the reflect blue diodes

(these are both reflect blue type dichros)

you can see a tiny dot where it leaks some blue but it is very minimum... the green reflect green dichros leak more than this.

DSCF7473.jpg

and here is a picture of the first dichro moved so you see the beam full strength
DSCF7475.jpg

(looks to be just as bright with or without the dichros)

sorry for the kinda BRIGHT blue pictures my camera doesnt like the blu ray that much.

thesk8nmidget said:
just snapped a few pictures....

here they are.... as you can see it reflects VERY well on the reflect blue diodes

(these are both reflect blue type dichros)

you can see a tiny dot where it leaks some blue but it is very minimum... the green reflect green dichros leak more than this.

DSCF7473.jpg

and here is a picture of the first dichro moved so you see the beam full strength
DSCF7475.jpg

(looks to be just as bright with or without the dichros)

sorry for the kinda BRIGHT blue pictures my camera doesnt like the blu ray that much.

So I can use a blue dichro in my project! :D
Thanks for taking the time to post this. :)

--hydro15

Yeah, thanks for clarifying that for us :)

I'm looking forward to making that RGV :D

yeah for sure.. not a problem at all guys!

always willing to help

and hydro if your interested in some laser wave dichros pm me and i can sell you some with mounts for a good price.

and any other optics you may need.

thesk8nmidget said:
yeah for sure.. not a problem at all guys!

always willing to help

and hydro if your interested in some laser wave dichros pm me and i can sell you some with mounts for a good price.

and any other optics you may need.

PM sent!

--hydro15