Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Defective Sanwu

Arthur Fonzerelli

I recently bought a new 304, 445nm 1600 mw laser from Sanwu.
Before buying I did a lot of research and read a lot of reviews. Sanwu was Among my pick of 5 top contenders who imo were all pretty equal.
I ended up choosing Sanwu and regret it. After receiving my new laser , I was very disappointed to say the least when it wouldn’t work. I contacted customer service via text. They responded the following day. I immediately replied and they would not respond until 5 days later when I emailed and text my opinion of their customer support.
I was finally able to get it to turn on for a brief second before it went dead again. I was able to get it to turn on just a few times and it always immediately went out. Now it will not turn on at all. I am assuming a bad connection somewhere?
Since Feb 28 when customer service last responded to me until now March 21, I have text/ emailed 5 times with no response.
They’re a pretty on the ball company when it comes to taking your money. But when time to deliver a service/merchandise that you paid for they are anything but on the ball.
Very surprised that there are positive reviews about this racket of a company. I would find it hard to believe that this is an isolated incident. They must have a big family leaving positive reviews. I shall review my honest experience with Sanwu everywhere I can find to leave a review.
I also had no choice but to dispute the charge with my credit card company today in order to get a refund. I work hard for my money and will not let any scam of a company take it.

I recently bought a new 304, 445nm 1600 mw laser from Sanwu.
Before buying I did a lot of research and read a lot of reviews. Sanwu was Among my pick of 5 top contenders who imo were all pretty equal.
I ended up choosing Sanwu and regret it. After receiving my new laser , I was very disappointed to say the least when it wouldn’t work. I contacted customer service via text. They responded the following day. I immediately replied and they would not respond until 5 days later when I emailed and text my opinion of their customer support.
I was finally able to get it to turn on for a brief second before it went dead again. I was able to get it to turn on just a few times and it always immediately went out. Now it will not turn on at all. I am assuming a bad connection somewhere?
Since Feb 28 when customer service last responded to me until now March 21, I have text/ emailed 5 times with no response.
They’re a pretty on the ball company when it comes to taking your money. But when time to deliver a service/merchandise that you paid for they are anything but on the ball.
Very surprised that there are positive reviews about this racket of a company. I would find it hard to believe that this is an isolated incident. They must have a big family leaving positive reviews. I shall review my honest experience with Sanwu everywhere I can find to leave a review.
I also had no choice but to dispute the charge with my credit card company today in order to get a refund. I work hard for my money and will not let any scam of a company take it.
Did you try slapping the laser and saying "eyyyyyy?"

Sorry, I know it's no laughing matter for you, but, with your screen name, I couldn't help but make a lighthearted joke.

Personally, I've never dealt with Sanwu, but I've seen rave reviews about other handheld laser manufacturers here in the past and experienced subpar service from them firsthand. I've also watched as the bandwagon here shifted from one brand to another. Maybe the Lantern festival and the other March festival have put a damper on customer outreach, though. Try them again today and see if they respond now that the festival season is in a lull.

Does your laser have reverse polarity protection? Maybe you put the batteries in wrong?

Arthur Fonzerelli

Did you try slapping the laser and saying "eyyyyyy?"

Sorry, I know it's no laughing matter for you, but, with your screen name, I couldn't help but make a lighthearted joke.

Personally, I've never dealt with Sanwu, but I've seen rave reviews about other handheld laser manufacturers here in the past and experienced subpar service from them firsthand. I've also watched as the bandwagon here shifted from one brand to another. Maybe the Lantern festival and the other March festival have put a damper on customer outreach, though. Try them again today and see if they respond now that the festival season is in a lull.

Does your laser have reverse polarity protection? Maybe you put the batteries in wrong?
Thank you for your response, I did not slap it but of course did give it the ol’ eyyyyy to no avail. Interesting point about March festivities slowing things down a bit. Hopefully that’s the case. It does have reverse polarity protection but unnecessarily because they are and were in the correct way.