Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dealextreme Easter discount

Jaseth

mikeeey said:
With my discount I bought:
an awesome knife
sku_18259_1.jpg

A knife sharpener
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7176
3 mini pig flashlights
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1138
and it ended up costing me $10.68 total.
The knife sharpener sucks but the knife is awesome, I bought it myself not too long ago (you can see my review on the page xD)
One thing though: you want to tighten the ring-lock so there's not too much play in the blade.
Discount worked for me first try. The 0.01 label shipping thing doesn't count as an item.

Jaseth

LiveRock said:
think the coupon is not valid any more..
Nope, Easter is over so no more coupon ;) Now they are just trying to sell cheap jewelry for Mother's Day with no discounts. At least they are doing it in very good time before the actual day so there is a possibility it might actually arrive on time.

Jaseth said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1238977821/0#14 date=1239810860]With my discount I bought:
an awesome knife
sku_18259_1.jpg

A knife sharpener
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7176
3 mini pig flashlights
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1138
and it ended up costing me $10.68 total.
The knife sharpener sucks but the knife is awesome, I bought it myself not too long ago (you can see my review on the page xD)
One thing though: you want to tighten the ring-lock so there's not too much play in the blade.
Discount worked for me first try. The 0.01 label shipping thing doesn't count as an item.[/quote]
Yeah I'm really not planning on using the knife sharpener on this knife, only on a different one I have.
Yes I saw your review, it helped me get this knife!
So the knife was sharp? and this picture wasn't misleading?

Jaseth

mikeeey said:
Yeah I'm really not planning on using the knife sharpener on this knife, only on a different one I have.
Yes I saw your review, it helped me get this knife!
So the knife was sharp? and this picture wasn't misleading?
Glad to hear it ;)
How sharp the knife is depends a bit on luck as they are actually not supposed to send them sharpened in the mail, but mine came really nice and sharp and that is what I have heard from the other people who have purchased the knife too.
I was really surprised when I got the knife. I could not find any chips or bumps anywhere in the design and the black coating was perfect with not a single scratch. Now after having had it for some time, there are only 3 things I have found to make this knife worse than some of the $60-$100 knives I own. Firstly, the ring lock is a bit annoying, as with heavy use or a lot of playing around with flicking the knife open, the blade will become loose, and I do not have a tool to properly tighten a ring lock.
Secondly the paint does get scratched off (but still very very little actually). Lastly the pocket clip is tip-down carry only.
Apart from these small cons the knife is just amazing.. and it's so cheap! I might buy another one soo.

The actual blade itself does not have chipping paint right? your talking about the body?
I'm sure I will receive it tomorrow! It was shipped on the 14th, today is the 23rd.

Jaseth

mikeeey said:
The actual blade itself does not have chipping paint right? your talking about the body?
I'm sure I will receive it tomorrow! It was shipped on the 14th, today is the 23rd.
Yes exactly, the blade has not lost any colour. I have even heated the tip to over 1200°C with a butane jet lighter so that I could carve and melt into plastic at the same time, and even after this gross abuse the blade is intact. I have not sharpened it yet though.
Hope you get your knife and enjoy it ;D For so little money it's an amazing tool and toy.
Now don't go stabbing someone please :p
Seb

Jaseth said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1238977821/0#21 date=1240527794]The actual blade itself does not have chipping paint right? your talking about the body?
Yes exactly, the blade has not lost any colour. I have even heated the tip to over 1200°C with a butane jet lighter so that I could carve and melt into plastic at the same time, and even after this gross abuse the blade is intact. I have not sharpened it yet though.
Hope you get your knife and enjoy it ;D For so little money it's an amazing tool and toy.
Now don't go stabbing someone please :p
Seb[/quote]
Good to know the blade can take a beating.
Well one reason I'd like a sharp knife is safety purposes, walking down the street, always be prepared...
...and being prepared, that is why I take my 900 lumen p7 flashlight driven at 2.8 amps! as well as my lasers!

But of course another reason I'd wan't this knife is that it could serve as a great tool!
surprisingly I didn't get it on Friday or Saturday (today). Hopefully monday I guess. You don't think the US Customs would take a knife would you?

Jaseth

Seriously, a knife is one of the worst things for self defense. I will only make a nasty encounter even more bloody, ending with you killing the assailant or him killing you with your own knife (or his own weapon). I would never ever carry a knife in public.
However, your 900 :)o) lumen flashlight is a brilliant self defense tool as it will serve to stop, blind and confuse any attacker as well as being good at attracting attention if you need help or simply to see at night.

I don't think Customs would take a knife. Mine is illegal where I live but Customs here had stolen a Dilda from my package and left the knives. They never seem to care about weapons from DX too much, but they like things which look fun or expensive. A friend of mine got an empty iFone box because Customs thought it looked nice.

Over at CPF the opinion of the experts is: a flashlight is a good self-defense tool only if it's attached to a gun.

And this thread is getting a bit off-topic ::)

dr-ebert said:
And this thread is getting a bit off-topic  ::)
ah well, i believe the discount doesn't work now anyway, it was just for easter.

-------
it's been 1 week past the expected delivery date and it still hasn't arrived yet!

EDIT: I DID get my knife today! along with the 3 LED pigs and knife sharpener. The knife is awesome!
I tried using the knife sharpener on one of my other knives but I'm not sure if it even made it any sharper. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Here is a size comparison. I've used a very familiar object..
The blade itself measured a little over 3 1/2 inches.

Attachments

• IMAG0155_smaller.jpg
    IMAG0155_smaller.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 153