Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DealExtreme 200mw Red Laser Review

Callum

Heya All, My First Review, So Here Goes.

I got this laser from DealExtreme.com about a year or two ago for $40 shipped, i thaught this was a good price for such a high powerd red laser at that time, Although i had my doubts about the actual output power

So when it arrived, i unpacked it, and to my surpirse the feel and quality was really good, has that good solid feel to it, but unfortuantly the focus cap lacked in this area being loose and "wobbly" although a bit of thread tape should fix that!

I have nothing to tach the mW but it sure looks like a 200mw laser, Lights Matches, Burns black plastic, pops baloons etc, and the beam is clearly visable at night, more visable then i expected it to be.

a couple of days ago i pot modded the laser, really simple to do with this laser since the top part of the laser is easy to unscrew and the whole unit pops out with the pot being adjustable, although i didnt really see much diffrence, i properbly expect it to be a bit higher then 200mW.

Overall, i am quite happy with this laser, and you can pick it up for a much cheaper price then i did a year or two back.

Pro's:

Price
Build Quality (excluding focus cap)
Focusable
Output Power
Clearly Visible Beam
Easily disassembled
Can be pot modded

Con's:

Focus Cap is wobbly and very loose, But should be able to fix it with some thread tape for example

No other cons i can really think of:

Pics:

Normal:

IMAG0178.jpg

Disassembled:

IMAG0180.jpg

Controller/Driver Board showing Pot:

IMAG0181.jpg

Stay Tuned for my Review of the Romisen 30mW Green Laser!

Regards
Callum

Thanks for the review!

I've got exactly the same one, pretty impressive little units considering the price.

kranic

would thread tape make the cap just stiffer? or would it stick it in place?

Both of you realize the last posts in this thread were 8 months ago, right?