Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Deal Extreme?

FokoF

Hows there service and quality? Looking at buying one of there green laser modules.
Thanks

Since there in china it will usualy take 2 to 5 weeks to ship but the shipping is free so you cant really complain. Theyre lasers arent very high quality and any high powered laser you buy from this is a gamble, some work great and last for years, some break right out of the box but for how cheap they are its practicly impossible to complain.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

They are cheap and tend to work as described. But what you have to realize is that they are cheap for a reason. The lasers are made WITHOUT IR filters which will hurt your eyes in the more powerful models.

They do have ir filters but they can only handle up to the true 50, past that they start being overpowered by the amount of ir and it starts letting ir thru, ir isint really as dangerous as people make it out to be because it spreads out like a flaslight from it just be careful about reflections, you will go blind so be careful or i suggest to get some goggles for about 60 dollors shipped.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

wooooooolazer said:
They do have ir filters but they can only handle up to the true 50, past that they start being overpowered by the amount of ir and it starts letting ir thru, ir isint really as dangerous as people make it out to be because it spreads out like a flaslight from it just be careful about reflections, you will go blind so be careful or i suggest to get some goggles for about 60 dollors shipped.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Im sorry, but most don;t. Heck, even Deal Extreme ADMITS it on their website that they dont have filters. They are made for cheap in China and they probably dont give a hoot about your eyes. They are in to make a buck and sadly, most of these bulk making laser companies are just in it to make a buck-not to respect the hobby.

bledis

Service of dealextreme is great
Quality of green lasers is OK, really, for that price, there isnt any cons.. But you must be lucky to get real TRUE power laser..

SteelRain said:
[quote author=wooooooolazer link=1198523276/0#3 date=1198527223]They do have ir filters but they can only handle up to the true 50, past that they start being overpowered by the amount of ir and it starts letting ir thru, ir isint really as dangerous as people make it out to be because it spreads out like a flaslight from it just be careful about reflections, you will go blind so be  careful or i suggest to get some goggles for about 60 dollors shipped.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Im sorry, but most don;t. Heck, even Deal Extreme ADMITS it on their website that they dont have filters.  They are made for cheap in China and they probably dont give a hoot about your eyes. They are in to make a buck and sadly, most of these bulk making laser companies are just in it to make a buck-not to respect the hobby.

[/quote]

They DO have ir filters they just say that on there website to prevent lawsuits because it will still let thru some ir with the higher/est power ones, the newwish true lasers have been takin apart by many people and all of them found an ir filter in them its just not a very high quality one but it works fine for anything up to the true 50

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

Gazoo

Woooolazer is correct and several members here have tested them for IR. Granted they are not high quality filters as you would find like in CNI lasers, so the IR leakage is greater in their higher powered lasers, but as I understand it the true"s up to 50mw's are pretty good. And IR will spread out anyway...you would have to be burning something real close to the laser before you would need to worry about it.

TRUE...DX is cheap and so are their lasers, but many people have been very happy with them.

Agreed.... personally tested my DX 30, and it outputs <1mW of IR. (tested by CCD camera and IR pass filter, comparison with known 1mW IR source)

FokoF

I was looking at getting there 35mw module the review seems quite good, but as you say it is a gamble its just so cheap i can't resist! :D

FokoF

The people replying to my emails have english names, i also thought they were US based.

FokoF

well there site says Miami, maybe they just ship directly from China and are based in the states. Oh yeah, name decoding?

ive always wondered where deal extreme gets their lasers. they dont make them do they?