Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Deal extreme  and  tech laser questions

phyck

i have been searching the web for a while now for a powerful yet cheap green laser

i was wondering if the 75mw infinity green laser from tech lasers was good

or should i go with the 200mW Green Laser Pointer Pen Black
or the Rechargeble Flashlight Style 80mW Green Laser Pointer (with Charger Kit from deal extreme

- thanks =)

Re: Deal extreme  and  tech laser questions

I think you should go with the X85 from Novalasers, I wouldn't go with Techlasers if I was you, read some topics in here about them.

phyck

hmm

that actually doent look like a bad price for a 85mw do u know if they are good quality ( lol stupid question why did u post it then )lol

im gona look for some reveiw now thank =)

Re: Deal extreme  and  tech laser questi

nova lasers have a very good reputation here (amongst other companies), the only *mildly* disappointed post i've ever seen about them was from someone who'd expected his X-85 (his particular one having a 101mW average rating, the exact power differs slightly between lasers of the same rating) to be noticably brighter than his dealextreme 50mW, which is a very understandable mistake - when i started with lasers i'd've thought the same - but then i found out that you need about 4 times the power for twice the brightness. other than that, people tend to be very happy with purchases from them, and they are very nicely priced, i won an X-85 in a competition here and i love it.

for higher powers, optotronics and laserglow get a lot of good reviews/comments, too, but they're quite a bit more expensive than the pen style lasers (they're more flashlight style, worth the price if you want that high a power). and dealextreme tends to do well with 50mW or below, but higher rated lasers from there tend to be improperly infra-red filtered, and not meet their stated output, at least from what i've heard about them. there's also been comments that they're not built as solidly as other lasers, but for that price, what do you expect? :) whatever laser you do go for in the end, i hope you enjoy it lots, and come tell us what it's like!