Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dead Li Ion Garbage or?

I've taken cells to Radioshack before. Dunno if that was like a favor to me because I go there a lot, or if they don't care if they're in packs or not.

Some battery places that re-cell packs might take old cells too (hopefully as a recycling service, not as cells to put in packs :eek: )

Just found that FutureShop here in town takes any kind of batteries.

So I got a small bunch of IMR 16340's and 3 of 8 of them will not charge and the three read 000.061mV!!!! :wtf:

Does this mean I got a bunch of bad batteries?

Last edited:
I'd say so. Sounds like my dead pack I got with my makita. I have read you can recharge these with some chargers (I havent found one) but it's not recomended bacause some kind of oxidation on the anode and cathode can build up quickly maybe causing an exploding cell or other bad things to happen (Wife leaves you, Dog died, cat got pregnant, ran outa beer!!! etc.). It depended on how long the cell had been discharged below 2V or something. Kiz reading too much lately! Only retaining important info... lol

Last edited: