Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Dead laser?

spanke

I bought a 405nm PL-E Pro 800mW Violet Laser from jet lasers as soon as i got it yesterday. i used two 18650 to test that it was working properly used it for roughly a hour. Turned it off charged batteries to full. This morning i put it all together and turned it on. Not 5 seconds later the beam narrowed to a slit then disappeared compleatly. The lights indicate power but there is no longer a beam

I bought a 405nm PL-E Pro 800mW Violet Laser from jet lasers as soon as i got it yesterday. i used two 18650 to test that it was working properly used it for roughly a hour. Turned it off charged batteries to full. This morning i put it all together and turned it on. Not 5 seconds later the beam narrowed to a slit then disappeared compleatly. The lights indicate power but there is no longer a beam

How long did you run it for continually? Did you ever remove the lens?

Have you contacted Jet Lasers? They are known to have good customer support.

Is there any light output at all? Check by putting a piece of white paper over the end of the laser and hitting the power button. Look for a blue spot on the paper (never look directly into a laser to see if there's any light coming out!). If there's a faint blue spot your diode has probably turned back into sand 8-( The BDR-209 is a touchy little beast. JL has a reputation around these parts as having good customer service. Good luck!

email Gray at JetLasers--makes more sense to ask/tell him than to post about it here---they have the best customer service in the business and will make it right if there is a problem.

email: jetlasers@gmail.com

Last edited:
hehe my 405nm i got from like 2y ago also died this morning, looks like its a 405nm day :pop:

Last edited:
just contacted JL so waiting on response. i just put it together out of the box put in the batteries turned it on i didnt run it for no more then 2 or 3 mins at a time. there seems to be no light source at all. thanks for the info.

It may sound like a silly question, but did you happen to insert the batteries backwards?

As others have mentioned, Jetlasers service should be able to help, they are the best. :yh:

no proper order, like i said it worked then just faded out and now nothing. jl has been contacted hope to have things fixed up soon. :D

Back