Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dead DX CR2-powered greenies wanted

danq

I've found a use for the housings of CR2-powered green lasers from DX - specifically these products:

10093 - (Genuine New Wish 5mW Green Laser Pen (One CR2 Battery))
7883 - (30mW Flashlight-Style Green Laser (CR2))
7116 - (Professional Green Laser 10mW (CR2 Powered))

If anyone has any, in good exterior condition, I'd be willing to pay a small amount plus postage for them.

I'll post a description of my project as soon as the prototype's done.

Thanks!

DanQ

danq

04orgZx6r said:
What exactly are you doing with them, if I may ask.
ummm... making laser pointers?
:)

ok, more specific: I've found a good way to use them as bodies for a blue-ray.
That way they look like... a laser pointer, rather than a flashlight (or pipe bomb). :cool:

I'm using a very different circuit and not using the endcap switch; need a few spares to experiment with 'cause my skill and tool sets are rather crude :p

If I get it to work reasonably well, I will post de tails...

DanQ

I just ordered the 30 from dx a week ago so if i kill it I will let you know.

danq

04orgZx6r said:
I just ordered the 30 from dx a week ago so if i kill it I will let you know.
Gee that's mighty kind of you - thanks!
that leaves me with rather mixed emotions... ;)

good luck! I mean.... well... Yeah baby! live fast, play hard, die young! ;D

take care now, and take comfort in the realization that there is life after premature laser failure :'(

DanQ

sorry to be offtopic but im sure some people (me included :D) would love to know how you powered a blu-ray from just 3v, is it a circuit from a 1aa flaslight or something?

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

my dx 200 finly died yesterday..... the mca was burnt out and i was playing with the ir diode..... it was an open can and the first didode i have ever really seen then i took the one out of my lead light and it was like 1/2 the size of the ir didoe i pulled out of the 200...... also the mca on the dx200 was 1/4 size of the all ready really small dx50 mca assembly witch i thought was crazy becaus the dx50 mca was about 1/6 the size of a lead light mca and it ounly puts out 5mw so ya this thing was tinly and it screwd into place above the ir diode..... anways sorry to put this here just lookd like a fine place to put dead dx laser pointers anways if someody want a full disection of a dx 200 vs dx50 vx leadlight just ask

danq

wooooooolazer said:
sorry to be offtopic but im sure some people (me included :D) would love to know how you powered a blu-ray from just 3v, is it a circuit from a 1aa flaslight or something?

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D
not 3V, more like 6-8V: 2 X CR2 rechargeable lithium... They fit because I'm rearranging the front end.

The exact circuit has to remain a minor mystery for now, 'cause I'm still messing with design changes - you might say it's in flux... and it uses a rather expensive chip... but I've packed some extra functionality onto a board smaller than .25" x .7"

But to address your basic question: I did find a cheap source for some DC converter chips (LT1610, 85c each) that look like they'd run a BR - or a Senkat red - off a single lithium and supposedly at 80-90% efficiency. And just for kicks I bought a couple other power chips and associated components... I'll be checking those out shortly and will post what I find from that, too, when I get a round Tuit.

DanQ