Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DDL "Plug n' Play" Boards from amkdeath

I ordered 5 of these boards from the Group Buy hosted by amkdeath for a very good price, check out the thread for the exact prices.

Here is a look at the boards without any of the components soldered in yet:
amk1.JPG

Here is the board's size comparison to a regular Aixiz module:
amk2.JPG

And here is the board with most of the stuff soldered in:
amk3.JPG

This board is great for anyone that needs to save space, or for anyone that wants making DDL's circuit easier. I SUCK at soldering, and to top it off I'm very shaky and my eyes aren't very good, so these are PERFECT for me. All you have to do is just plug the components in the right places and solder them in, thats it. Now I don't have to use the radioshack PC board either, I got sick of cutting that stuff to size, and that was even much bigger than these.

I got these in the mail much faster than I thought I would, most Group Buys seem to drag on forever, but I got these long before I planned for.

But here is my only con: The recitifer diode does not fit in its hole. You have to surface mount it if you want it in your circuit. You can just leave it out if you want, but then your circuit is protected against reverse polarity, so it is a good idea to go through the hassle and put it in there anyway.

Pros:
Cheap
Tiny
Easy to use
Space saving
Tiny
Did I mention tiny?

Cons:
Recitifer doesn't fit.

Nice review. By how much is the holes for the rectifier? Cant we just use a dremel and a very thin diamond bit to increase the size of the hole?

SargeMX5 said:
Nice review. By how much is the holes for the rectifier? Cant we just use a dremel and a very thin diamond bit to increase the size of the hole?
The hole is just barely too small for my 1N4001 recitifers, I'm not sure drilling would work because it might tear up the copper foil rings, but if you used a diamond bit I would guess there would still be some of that copper foil left behind.

I believe those potentiometers are called Spectrol TRIMPOTS. Can be had for around 1.50 AUD