Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DDL Driver/micro controller

Hi everyone, hopefully some new can advise on a little dilems I have. I intend to build 3 LM317 DDL driver for my RGB Laser Set up. While I can build the drivers I wanted a way of turning then on an off for 7 colour operation. I have come across this little micro controller and wonderered if ity would be suitable for the job.

Mindsets online - IQ3 Programmable Controller - IQ Controllers

Any help would be yousefull.

Owen

well i would say for anyone wanting to do programing this is one of the cheapest and well known platforms.
Teensy USB Development Board
Its usb so no expensive programmers needed just plug in write code download to chip and done.

That platform may very well work but i dont see how its programed unless you have to take the chip off the board and put it into a zif socket.

Last edited:
It has on board programming and can hold 500 lines, to program it all you have to do is press the buttons next to the outputs and press save, then a enter another line of code. It can source up to 1amp per output and has 4 outputs.

Owen

hmm seems a very limited way to do it but yes it would work.
The cost of that thing is about 12$ us and the teensy is 16$ that 4$ difference gets you alot more.

it is li.mited, however I am in the uk so add the cost of shipping and that fact that I don't have a qlue about programming on a PC. I still seems like a good way to get a bit of colourchanging going on without having to do it manually.

well then it should work. there was a pwm color changing board with driver built in for sale at one point. it was to go with the white fusion kit

It has on board programming and can hold 500 lines, to program it all you have to do is press the buttons next to the outputs and press save, then a enter another line of code. It can source up to 1amp per output and has 4 outputs.

Owen

That sounds like a Basic Stamp type MCU controller...
If it has enough output lines and can handle what you
want to do with it and know how to program it then ANY
MCU will be good for your needs.

Jerry