Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dangerous demo...

L

laser

jeez, thats pretty scary. so the beam is just barely visible in the night time?

S

SenKat

laserk said:
jeez, thats pretty scary. so the beam is just barely visible in the night time?

The beam is mostly invisible - there is just BARELY a red"ish" light coming out of the end...That is what makes IR so dangerous ! I have new respect for the first person to make a dpss laser - aligning the crstals had to be a nightmare - they would have had to use some sort of an IR enhancement screen in order to see what they were doing, I am sure !

T

timelord

SenKat said:
[quote author=laserk link=1170729146/15#16 date=1170744433]jeez, thats pretty scary. so the beam is just barely visible in the night time?

The beam is mostly invisible - there is just BARELY a red"ish" light coming out of the end...That is what makes IR so dangerous !  I have new respect for the first person to make a dpss laser - aligning the crstals had to be a nightmare - they would have had to use some sort of an IR enhancement screen in order to see what they were doing, I am sure ![/quote]
I still think they are great tools to have but damn scary in the wrong hands :eek:

I have a leadlight with a diode I stripped out of a <50 mW pointer. It is only outputting about 2-3 mW of green. Maybe I should remove the crystal and IR filter - my question is how do I focus the beam in real time? I don't have any camera capable of IR.. Also, no IR goggles - anyone know where I can get some goggles (website?)

COOL video SenKat!! :cool:

S

SenKat

Thanks man - I would suggest possibly trial and error as far as focusing the IR if you don't have IR sensitive camera capabilities...focus it - try to burn...etc....I have some IR goggles that I got from a vendor on ebay - and I am not 100% positive they work well, so I am scared to recommend them.

what do you think about trying to focus it on one of those motion sensing lights? Alot of them use IR detectors - when the detect a change the light turns on... :question

S

SenKat

Good line of thought - but they wouldn't care if it was diffused, or focused....try one of those IR sensing cards from Radio shack !!!!

T

timelord

stevetexas said:
I have a leadlight with a diode I stripped out of a <50 mW pointer.  It is only outputting about 2-3 mW of green.  Maybe I should remove the crystal and IR filter - my question is how do I focus the beam in real time?  I don't have any camera capable of IR..  Also, no IR goggles - anyone know where I can get some goggles (website?)

COOL video SenKat!!  :cool:
A mobile phone camera will pick up IR very well Steve ;)

Timelord said:
[quote author=stevetexas link=1170729146/15#19 date=1171038290]I have a leadlight with a diode I stripped out of a <50 mW pointer.  It is only outputting about 2-3 mW of green.  Maybe I should remove the crystal and IR filter - my question is how do I focus the beam in real time?  I don't have any camera capable of IR..  Also, no IR goggles - anyone know where I can get some goggles (website?)

COOL video SenKat!!  :cool:
A mobile phone camera will pick up IR very well Steve  ;)[/quote]

really!?!?!? I never knew that!!

K

kingzilla

Timelord said:
Senkat mobile phone cameras & some webcams pick up IR here's a little clip below

Hey timelord, what music did you use with that vid?

T

timelord

Insert Name Here said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1170729146/0#6 date=1170731289]Senkat mobile phone cameras & some webcams pick up IR here's a little clip below

Hey timelord, what music did you use with that vid?
[/quote]
Nancy 3Ajram is the artist
the track is called Ya Tab Tab....