Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Could you use this X22 DVD Drive?

Asherz

Hi guys, I'd apreciate a quick reply on this because I might be going out today to go and grab this cheap drive and harvest the diode from it because I don't want to wait for shipping from the US.

Heres a link to the site: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...m=null&tm=null&sku=370898&category_oid=-24858

I'm just wandering if it would be possible to harvest a 5.6mm normal burning red diode out of there? and whether the X22 speed instead of X16 effects anything.

Cheers.

Well, you should get a red diode, hopfully in the round 5.6mm can format. But i recommend an LPC. Well you could try, I would be happy to see what it can give because that diode should be more powerful at 22X. Take it for the fun of trying something new.

this is the lpc....

it has the same diode as the LPC-815 sled.

you'll find a Long Open can diode in it.....run it at 420mA

Asherz

Cheers guys, thanks Mohrenburg ! :) Thats what I wanted to hear kinda lol, the only reason I'm interested in buying this for a little extra is because I can get it instantly. Is 420ma for a good life span? Just need to get an aixiz module now, probally have to order one though.

Thanks.