Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Could a 445 9mm 3W Diode be run on lower power with one battery?

Sounds like a good explanation. BTW, just found out this also happens with my 405nm pen when I run it with a single almost depleted AAA. It's pretty cool, sometimes it won't lase but will keep a collimated violet LED emission :)

Just ran a test for you all.

445nm laser putting out 3W on 2 batteries hit only 135mW with one battery. Wow what a drop in power.

Excellent. So good to get numbers on that!

Perhaps in the beginning, most of the energy is spent overcoming the "inertia" of the system, so once that initial jump is made and it is working, then additional energy is transferred better to increased output.

Just ran a test for you all.

445nm laser putting out 3W on 2 batteries hit only 135mW with one battery. Wow what a drop in power.

Last edited:

Pman

I initially test all my lasers with less than the required voltage and this is especially easy when it calls for 2 batteries. Have never had or seen an issue doing this. Sounds like most of us do this:)

Fasttech has AA and AAA placeholders (dummy cells) really cheap and lots of converters to make different size cells or multiple cells into other battery for factors. If you guys have never taken a look at them you really should. Remember that they ship for free regardless of item cost. Usually takes 2 weeks to get to me.

http://www.fasttech.com/category/1425/battery-parts-accessories/

Last edited:
Excellent. So good to get numbers on that!
yeah I was wanting to know myself. I'm going to make a video probably, I'll post it here.

Fasttech has AA and AAA placeholders (dummy cells) really cheap and lots of converters to make different size cells or multiple cells into other battery for factors. If you guys have never taken a look at them you really should. Remember that they ship for free regardless of item cost. Usually takes 2 weeks to get to me.

74 Battery Parts & Accessories at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
thanks for the link. I have a couple 18650 spacers and one AA but could use AAA spacers for sure.

Update : test video now available.

This is a makeshift 445nm lab laser that puts out 3W on two cells but only around 185mW when run on a single cell. fan on laser is off so not to affect meter

Last edited: