Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cooling required for NDG7475 continuous use

jmpratt

No, but that is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you. Any suggestions for an appropriate power supply with analog modulation?

GSS

That I can't help with but i'm sure the experts will chime in soon:)

GSS

Just want to add that "Aptlightingworld" on ebay also has just the drivers for this these labby's with written specific's.

The NDG7475 has a high Vf causing it to produce a lot of waste heat. I put one in an MS-SSW-II host, which won't work for long, continuous use, but is good enough to get several minutes out of it before I wouldn't want to allow it to continue. A lab host is exactly what you want, but they aren't all created equally. I would not cheap out on this as the less expensive ones tend to have little heat sinking inside making the fan less effective.

jmpratt

The NDG7475 has a high Vf causing it to produce a lot of waste heat. I put one in an MS-SSW-II host, which won't work for long, continuous use, but is good enough to get several minutes out of it before I wouldn't want to allow it to continue. A lab host is exactly what you want, but they aren't all created equally. I would not cheap out on this as the less expensive ones tend to have little heat sinking inside making the fan less effective.

Any suggestion for a more efficient high power green LD?

They are all about as efficient, but you might find a cheaper version. The NUG ones have ball lenses that can be removed and used in the same way. Just be careful not to get contaminants on the emitter of the decanned diode.