Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Conversion Possibilities for Fenix TK45?

Im giving a shot at it myself, we'll see how it turns out. (for the kind of laser im puting into it, the host isn't the biggest spending here). now need to finish up the heatsink and waiting for the laser parts to show up..

The pinapple host is a clone of the Surefire porcupine, comming from DX, seems of very good quality as is (both as a flashlight and a host, has very good throw and ~200lm, it came with a charger and two batteries, but they reek of shit quality, so I will not use them.)... Ill post a built thread when I finish :p

Porcupine.jpg

knurlshots004.jpg

knurlshots002.jpg

Also, I tried to mod the TK45, but got bested by it.... reason? those guys DID NOT cheap out on loc-tite, and removing the main head setup to get to the driver guts is nigh impossible without me having to rip it to shreds and remachine a new head.... some day I guess Ill find the effort and time to turn it into a laser... (the three heads are loc-tited, but come off fairly easly with a strap wrench, but the base doesn't budge.)

Dang thats a slick host! Too bad it breaks you're wallet when you have to buy the whole flashlight when it's like $20 in metal I wish these companies would start selling empty hosts... Who else agrees?

Tech-Junkie: I will definitely post the link here! Look forward to showing you guys my laser when its done...

Last edited:

Johnyz

There's been a lot of drivers with modes... But this one is unique with the MCU being reprogrammable and having UART interface. I could have used something smaller than ATtiny or a small PIC, but I would have to learn coding for them, so I used ATmega instead. Oh and, the block diagram looks a bit different now.