Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Connecting LD without solder

disma

I have used cordeless phone battery connectors to hook up some diodes, they are small enough that u dont have to spread the leads, and I have used them on dvd drive harvested diodes too, the leads can be real short.

Max

Gazoo

disma said:
I have used cordeless phone battery connectors to hook up some diodes, they are small enough that u dont have to spread the leads, and I have used them on dvd drive harvested diodes too, the leads can be real short.

Max

I used to until I killed a couple of diodes using a connector. Any loss of a good connection will result in a dead diode if using Daedal's circuit. Soldering is really the only way to go.

Copper tape? They use that pretty often in labs to make glass slide "circuit boards".

I guess you could tape the and then try melting the copper with a solder iron or sth. Copper is a very very good thermal conductor. Don't think anybody does this though since solder is pretty cheap annd available and copper tape less so.