Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Connecting A Laser Module to Arduino

Thanks Udanis but i've already found this site and i really didn't understand the circuit for the laser modules

Because i am completely amateur i don't understand what exactly are the parts in the red circles on the circuit.

bread-board.jpg

udanis

Seems to me that the laser diodes just get attached the leads with the correct out put voltage, being that they don't need to send back data to the board like the photocells. On the bread board picture the laser diodes are just connected to the positive and negative source

udanis

Thanks Udanis but i've already found this site and i really didn't understand the circuit for the laser modules

Because i am completely amateur i don't understand what exactly are the parts in the red circles on the circuit.

View attachment 30449

Referring to the picture, if you don't know what an led is (the round thing circled at the top) this project might be a little ambitious for you.

I didn't regognise that this was a led....
Can you give me some advice on how to set to on the laser diodes.I don't want to use batteries.For your concern i have a Pc power supply.Is there any possibility to connect them to the PSU and have them working

udanis

I didn't regognise that this was a led....
Can you give me some advice on how to set to on the laser diodes.I don't want to use batteries.For your concern i have a Pc power supply.Is there any possibility to connect them to the PSU and have them working

What?

If you power supply output a voltage (do you know what voltage is?) that is with in the specifications of the laser module then yes. If you are using a laser diode you must you a driver for the laser.

I've managed to get the laser diodes working.

It was as easy as you said udanis

The only thing i had to do was this

aaaa.JPG

Next step is to connect the photoresistors to arduino.

Can you tell me if the picture below is correct ?

111a.JPG

udanis

Looks like in this picture
Harp1.jpg

They have the one lead positive and the other goes in two directions, one to the arudiuno and the other to the resistor.