Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Concerned About Customs

Hi everyone. So I am about to order a laser, but I am a little worried about customs confiscating it or being fined. I am in the US by the way. I was going to buy a charger and batteries with it but I've heard that you really shouldn't get the laser and the batteries shipped in the same package. How rare is having problems when shipping both the batteries and laser at the same time? Also, I'm ordering it from Lazerer and I thought it would be a problem having their name on the package. Is it worth trying to order the batteries separate? I want to just order them normally cause it seems much more efficient but I don't know what to do. I think I may be worrying about this too much haha
Thanks

I don't think you have to worry about Lazerer, they are not on the watch list yet.
If it was from boB laser or WL you would have a reason to worry.

Hi I'm thinking of ordering a green laser pointer into Australia do they get threw customs. I they find it do you no how much the fined is please? Thanks

jimdt7

^^^^^^ It depends, nobody can say. Usually they will just take it.
Try to buy a laser from an Australian member on our forum.

Jim

Or build one, you can order parts and customs have to let them items through.
order a kit from some one and put it together ;)

I don't think you have to worry about Lazerer, they are not on the watch list yet.
If it was from boB laser or WL you would have a reason to worry.

So do you think it's safe to order both the laser and batteries in the same package?

It would help to know where you live, you don't have it listed so it makes it hard to give you good in formation.

Oops you did.
It depends on what company you order from and it would probably be better to get the batteries separate.

xoul

Since you live in the US, I recommend buying a build kit from Survival Lasers out of Cedar City, UT and putting it together yourself. It's very simple to do and it comes with all the tools and instructions to put it together. Plus they guarantee their power output and have quality products.

Survival Laser Home