Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Common battery sizes and types - A guide

There are different variations of lithium ion batteries, lifepo, IMR. Also lead acid is used in big spotlight flashlights.

Last edited:

Yes, there are a lot more. But I deliberatly ingnored those which are not used in flashlights and lasers and consumer electronics.

ETW67.gif

Carbon zinc isn't used in consumer electronics, but AAAAs are?
What ARE you smoking, sir?

For someone that attempted a reference thread and supposedly did a lot of research, you know surprisingly little about batteries.

Last edited:
ETW67.gif

Carbon zinc isn't used in consumer electronics, but AAAAs are?
What ARE you smoking, sir?

For someone that attempted a reference thread and supposedly did a lot of research, you know surprisingly little about batteries.

Dear sir. Please put down whatever you are smoking and read the guide once atleast.
Carbon Zinc has been covered. I mentioned that earlier also, but somehow you want to believe its not covered.
So I am putting that in this post also
Zinc Carbon - This is the standard AA,B,C,D cell. If you were born before 1990, you would remember it as the common cell found in every store. Now all you get are alkalines. Produces around 1.2-1.5V

There is post number 15 in this thread where I mention
So I covered Zinc Carbon, Alkaline and Lithium for non rechargeables. What I missed out is this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-volt_battery -> The Transistor battery. Will add it too
That said, its just 6 cells wired together in series.

Last edited:
I missed that part. My apologies. However, they are still available in stores and are quite common. They are not obsolete. They are a good choice for low-drain devices.

SLA is used in many halogen flashlights, and NiZn is another chemistry in standard AAA/AA size that has a cell voltage of 1.65 for use when 1.2V is too low.