Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Color Me Confused - 501B Pill

Seffers93

I can’t figure out if I’m being an idiot or if this host is actually kinda weird.

I found a WF-501B in a drawer and thought it would be cool to use as a new laser host. I’ve tried searching the forum and have seen that people use these, but I can’t find an answer to my question.

So I took this thing apart trying to visualize how it would come together as a laser. Figured there shouldn’t be much to it. Lens, LD, module, heat sink, driver, pill, battery.. boom. Like a C6.

However.. I’ve seen that the driver pills for the C6 thread into the battery body, whereas the 501B has nowhere to thread the pill (existing pill for the LED) except for a part that would be removed for the laser build. I’ll post a photo of what I’m talking about. Even if I purchase a different pill, I don’t quite get how it would be installed.

Am I an idiot or just not looking hard enough? I’ve been looking for a few hours and can’t really find any info.

Thanks

Seth

IMG_3456.jpegIMG_3457.jpeg

You need a heat sink made to fit the host with a battery contact which can be a round driver board or just a battery contact board and you mount your driver behind the laser diode in the 12mm module.

Lifetime17 makes the heat sinks you need and he has ready to use hosts too.

Seffers93

You need a heat sink made to fit the host with a battery contact which can be a round driver board or just a battery contact board and you mount your driver behind the laser diode in the 12mm module.

Lifetime17 makes the heat sinks you need and he has ready to use hosts too.
Thanks RedCowboy, I’ll get in touch with him.