Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Co2 Laser Re-gas testing

Hello, im currently doing re gas for co2 lasers, has any one else attemped or has sucsessfully re gassed re charged a glass or RF co2 laser tube ?
1st tube test.jpg

Anthony P

Wow! That is ambitious. Can't say Ive tried this with a sealed tube, only axial flow type. I can say that the gas mixture in a sealed tube has gasses besides the typical CO2,He, and N2. Good luck. Look forward to further updates on your progress.

Wow! That is ambitious. Can't say Ive tried this with a sealed tube, only axial flow type. I can say that the gas mixture in a sealed tube has gasses besides the typical CO2,He, and N2. Good luck. Look forward to further updates on your progress.
my oldest recharged tube has been running for 8 months now and still has over 90% of initial power

I dunno man. Considering the time, effort, and price of all the equipment and materials involved, wouldn't buying a fresh tube for $100 make more sense?

Of course, if you're just doing it for the fun/experience, carry on!

So far 100k invested...

y10iKY9.gif

I hope that's rubles or won or something. Why in Rod's name would you buy 100k in equipment to refurbish a $100 device?

no joke, this is being done as a bussines, so far so good, first laser re gassed already worked more than 6 months, and no, it is not to refurbish one $100 device it is to refurbish 1,000,000 $100 devices Lol

ETW67.gif

You think there are a million people that would ship their sealed laser tubes to be re-gassed? You're clearly over-estimating the participation rate of your prospective clientele. I also think you're missing the point. As a machine shop manager, why would I pay to refurbish an old tube when I could simply get a new one with less hassle?

in USA yes trowit away and buy a new one, in Mexico and Central America, no, i already have more tubes to re-gas than i can handle just from Mexico, plus youre missing the RF tubes, that is where th $ is. here in exico a Reci w2 tube is 800USD i charge 300 to refurbish with 6 months warranty, it is clearly a good deal for customers having a 3 day turnaround instead of waiting 30 days for a possibly broken in shipping tube