Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI yellow laser pointers for sale

DJZ

Hi all, ok, I picked up a dead CNI 589nm pointer here on LPF a few weeks ago. I took it apart and played around with it for a while and threw it back together. Was never able to get yellow out of it. Not sure of it's warranty status or even if it would be repaired by CNI since it was taken apart. I'm basically throwing this dead pointer in for free if you buy my other nearly dead CNI 589nm pointer. The 2nd pointer is still under warranty and was purchased on June 7th, shipped to me on July 5th and received on July 7th. All well within the 6 month warranty for the laser. This pointer worked great up until about 5 days ago I noticed the power seemed to have dropped a bit. I charged the batteries still seemed a bit weak. Over the next few days it deteriorated to the point that I need to hold the button down for 10-30 seconds before I might get a little bit of yellow out of it. So it's nearly dead. Sadly, this pointer (purchased as rated at 1mW) was registering 18mW at SELEM less than a month ag. Shame really, it's my favorite color. Though having just aquired a gas laser that's outputting plenty of yellow I've decided I just don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping this laser back to China. Between this one that I bought directly from China and the dead one I bought here on LPF, I have around $400 invested. First $150 gets them both and it becomes your problem to claim a warranty repair. Again, I'm not sure if the dead one I bought here on LPF would be covered by warranty since it's been opened, but the one I bought directly from China should still be covered as it's within 6 months and it hasn't been tampered with. I'd prefer a buyer from within the USA, thanks.

*********sold***************

Last edited:

JLSE

Dont suppose you'd be interested in a trade for the 2? Id like to open them both and
check em out :eg:

those cni pointers start to be really crap apparently :tsk:
too many reports lately.

Last edited:

DJZ

***************sold****************

Last edited: