Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI Releases 612nm DPSS Laser!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
612nm is a nice colour. :)

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

Last edited:
Odd they didnt have this already since this process is just slightly different from the 604nm - I think its just a different line.

Also really close to the 607nm process as well, though that uses a different (more efficient IIRC) Pr: crystal

Is one kidney enough to cover getting this in a handheld? Really like this wavelength.

diachi

What's the price on one of those...?

Jerry

762195e1666497074ede151e0cbeb39738a411d967572cbbe24b90cf8db6011f.jpg

Last edited:
The official website does not include prices!
Maybe you need to contact them via e-mail or phone?
IMO​

You do need to email for inquiries for pricing.

If/when they do make them available for handhelds, expect $1500-4000 for 5mW. Probably on the higher side of that estimate.

I doubt they'd do a handheld of these anytime soon though. I'm still waiting for them to contact me and say "ok... FINE... we'll do 607nm in a small module you can fit in a handheld"

If/when they do make them available for handhelds, expect $1500-4000 for 5mW. Probably on the higher side of that estimate.

I doubt they'd do a handheld of these anytime soon though. I'm still waiting for them to contact me and say "ok... FINE... we'll do 607nm in a small module you can fit in a handheld"

Yep, need to call or eMail them for a quotation. I would assume ZRaffleticket is on, or at least, in the ballpark with those prices. I don't think I could dish out a few grands for an orange pointer(excluding 594)....yet ;)

-Alex

Razako

What's the price on one of those...?

Jerry
It's one of those "if you need to ask" kinda things. These exotic lasers are usually aimed at the 'research and development' marketplace, with very particular needs in mind. Building them as a handheld already makes little sense as is. Expecting them to be reasonable in price is basically impossible.

I think some guy here recently paid something like $2000 for a 577NM pointer from them:drool:

It's one of those "if you need to ask" kinda things. These exotic lasers are usually aimed at the 'research and development' marketplace, with very particular needs in mind. Building them as a handheld already makes little sense as is. Expecting them to be reasonable in price is basically impossible.

I think some guy here recently paid something like $2000 for a 577NM pointer from them:drool:

That was Dr. Laser. He really wanted a yellow laser, not 561 or 589, true yellow. 577 is pretty darn close to that. Tons of cool wavelengths to get, if you have tons of cash. I don't have that currently :(

-Alex

Encap

Odd they didnt have this already since this process is just slightly different from the 604nm - I think its just a different line.

Also really close to the 607nm process as well, though that uses a different (more efficient IIRC) Pr: crystal

CNI Lab type 604nm run about $4500 retail for 10mW to about $6500 for 50mW Would guess 612nm would be about the same.

He-Ne high stability lasers 612nm is used in flow cytometry and other biomedical applications, communications, and other applications.
Would be a substitute for 612nm He-Ne lasers

From the CNI 612nm data sheet: "LD PUMPED ALL SOLID STATE RED LASER--CNI’s DPSS laser at 612nm features ultra compact, long lifetime and easy operating, it is widely used in communication, medical treatment, scientific research."

I seriously doubt they will ever make a GLP 612nm pen--zero rational reason to and zero market.

That CNI has a data sheet for and lists 612nm only means they either now have a customer for same and/or see a market opening for same

Last edited: