Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI GLP-635 - New Wish Host?

I recently contacted CNI about purchasing the 5mW 635nm from them. Im not sure why but it comes in a new wish host which for me totally defeats the purpose for me and is disappointing to say the least. I would like to get it in the CR2 or AAA classic black and gold host.. This seems to be the only laser they offer in the new wish host. Anyone else notice this?

Now would it be possible to purchase one of the 5mW GLP-532nm lasers from GB #11, remove the module from it, and put a 5mW 635nm diode / driver in it? I have yet to do any custom builds but would like to start time and I thought this might be a fairly inexpensive learning project at the same time allowing me to have the 635nm wavelength in the host I want.. They quoted me 75$ plus 105$ shipping, It seems like I could make the laser I want for less than buying the new wish 635nm from them.. Any thoughts? And yes I know about the Atlasnova 5mW 635nm lasers, I just hve a thing for the CNI hosts.

Check the images for screenshots of the conversation and PDF for the GLP-635..

Thanks in advance,

-Greg

Attachments

• by default 20.png
    by default 20.png
    155.5 KB · Views: 296
  • by default 15.png
    by default 15.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 94
  • by default 17.png
    by default 17.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 117
  • by default 18.png
    by default 18.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 134

Check AtlasNova.com as well as z-bolt.com
They both ship from the USA and have 5mW 635nm pens in stock, not in the Newwish host.

Well good news.. Ava just messaged me back saying they could in fact get me the 635nm in the classic black and gold AAA host! Would anyone else be interested in this? These would be one of a kind lasers not offered by any of CNI's distributors!!

-Greg