Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI GB #12 (Fast as we can do it!)

I dropped my 473 (long ago) and that killed it completely, DPSS lasers can get knocked out of alignment and no longer work due to their nature. Best sent to CNI if they're willing to repair it.

Last edited:

Yes, I agree... if you can get help here, in the USA, that is the better solution, and btw, I have seen the output go up from just manually pushing the module in different directions with the only dis-assembly the removal of the external heat sink... apparently, it can often change the fine alignment of the diode and or crystals in PGL's, and may give all the output you need without a expensive trip to CNI for the unit. Is there anyone here good at the electrical fix and tweaking? -Glenn

tony1

Dear ZRaffle Ticket,
You are right the nature of DPSS 473, if dropped and heavy side smashes on the hard ground it will be whacked out of action. it means the solid part of the pointer has knocked the connecting parts out of alinement. If it is not dropped when it is powered it can be salvaged. if you need help the right people are the CNI.
Thank you ,
tony1

tony1

I bought several units from China. The power stated on site and on the model is over rated.A 500mw model is only a 200mw model. When I question one of the person, she said sorry we just sell, you have to ask the manufacturer. Some sites in China do sell correctly rated laser pointers. It is difficult to point out who there , you have to buy and test. I have asked a lady friend to test for me like lighting a cigarette before I bought. But it was not really 800mw laser.

Talk soon
tony1