Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Close one.

President Obama was in my town a few hours ago. Air Force One flew right over my house, low enough for me to see its windows, coloration, etc. What a heap of trouble I'd be in I aimed a you-know-what at it!

DrSid

Lets not give people ideas .. though this is rather obvious one. Man, that would be serious media disaster for our hobby.
I wonder if 'trouble' would mean only police and jail, or just your silent vanishing from existence. I doubt they would nuke you, but who knows. Or in reaction to this they could carry president in ABL so they can shoot back !

ablo.jpg

President Obama was in my town a few hours ago. Air Force One flew right over my house, low enough for me to see its windows, coloration, etc. What a heap of trouble I'd be in I aimed a you-know-what at it!

What was close about it...
Any normal reasonable person would have done nothing
to distract or hinder the fight of that plane...

I don't see a close one unless you were about to Lase the
plane's windows and at the last minute you changed your
mind...:thinking:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

DrSid

The plane was there. The laser was there. The thought was there.
If you consider how much it took to invent and build the plane and laser, how much had to happen that Obama could become president, and be there .. all that, compared to the fact that the plane was not lased in the end .. I say it was very close, and next time the plane flies over some another laser owner, we might not be so lucky.
Still I believe most common idiots would really think twice, at least if they knew it is AF1. But then I don't see into minds of idiots.

It's only close if you had the Intention to commit an Illegal unlawful Act
and you decided at the last second to abort..

That does not change the fact that the Illegal Unlawfull act was an
Intended act whether it was AF1 or another aircraft..

That is still a person that should NOT own a Laser due to the Intend
to do harm... IMO

Maybe in the Czech republic the criminal laws are different...

Jerry

Last edited:
What would've been awesome would be to have seen Obama lasing the ground below with some 445 out the cabin window of AF1 :crackup: :beer:

Last edited:

DrSid

There are tons of jokes about murder, rape, racism jokes, we even have jokes about jews in concentration camps around here, though I admit, they are getting kind of old. I don't see why we could not joke about someone shining laser at any aircraft, much less AF1.

It's not like something happened, or someone intended something, or someone is guiding someone to do something, or even giving ideas. Chill out man .. :beer:

Btw. of course it's illegal to shine lasers at aircraft in Czech Republic. It's even illegal to operate lasers at all in some distance around airfields. As for me, I would like the lasers to be regulated (not banned) and I'm afraid much more of people shining lasers at cars, then people shining lasers at aircraft.

DrSid

What would've been awesome would be to have seen Obama lasing the ground below with some 445 out the cabin window of AF1 :crackup: :beer:

Isn't blue more like republican color ? :beer:

Isn't blue more like republican color ? :beer:

Ahh good point, it should be 635. Folks will definitely crap themselves seeing a nice beam of red sweeping their yard from AF1 instead of blue hehe. Blue would be cool to witness, red would give the impression that a missile is on its way :beer:

Last edited:
What was close about it...
Any normal reasonable person would have done nothing
to distract or hinder the fight of that plane...

I don't see a close one unless you were about to Lase the
plane's windows and at the last minute you changed your
mind...:thinking:

Jerry

Close one as in close One: Airforce One, it was only about 2,000 feet up. :p. Yes, perish the thought of even thinking about this, but I couldn't help it crossing my mind!