Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Clear mobile internet company almost as bad as Apple

NOTE: This is kind of bashing a couple of companies. I will acknowledge the value found in the two companies, but I will also acknowledge that they're both almost as full of fail as the St. Louis Rams.

So the Clear mobile internet company is the second most puffed-up, over-confident, and arrogant company I've heard of. The first being Apple, but I won't get into Apple, just Clear.

The fastest speed of internet that Clear offers (at least in my area) is 6mB/s with a 2GB cap/mo. for like $60. AT&T offers 3G, up to 7.2mB/s, with a 5GB cap/mo. for about $50 or less, with no roaming charges nationwide. It has better 3G coverage than Clear has WiMAX, and it still has tons of Edge coverage where it doesn't have 3G, which is enough for checking E-mail and such. Sprint and Comcast both have 4G networks that go MUCH faster 7.2mB/s, and both (probably) have better coverage. Furthermore, Clear COMPLETELY undermines the power of Wi-Fi. With the new Wireless N standard, Wi-Fi speeds have jumped to about 250mB/s, more than 40 times faster than Clear. Granted, I do think WiMAX is probably the future of wireless data transfers, but the future isn't here yet.

/rant

This is just wrong, on several levels.

Did you really just say that Sprint and Comcast's WiMax networks are faster and have better coverage than Clear's WiMax network? Really? Cause they're the same networks...all 3 companies have contracts in different areas to share the exact same towers....

And you're compairing WiMax to AT&T's 3G? AT&T's 3G network is crap in many/most major cities, not enough bandwidth for all their customers. Even if WiMax isn't widely rolled out yet, it isn't designed to compete with 3G anyway, it's designed to compete with 4G (a la LTE, which, mind you, isn't even available) and with your cable or DSL internet service.

And even if they're not selling faster rates yet, doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Sprint and Comcast have 4G networks, or at least Sprint is making their network 4G. Neither have WiMAX, at least not in the States. And I know it's not impossible. The biggest thing is just that they COMPLETELY undermine Wi-Fi.

Last edited: