Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Clarksburg, MD -- Your Up :)

Well, I am guessing that he was an eBay nub and didn't know how to set a minimum bid. The moment I won the auction I messaged him about contacting him for the pickup. He replied with something about how it will cost him $60 in gas alone for him to pick up the sequencer from a garage etc...
I figure it like this... I'd rather have a DNA Sequencer/Argon Laser and $80 less, than no sequencer at all :p

You are picking it up from him, right? Why not just go to the garage yourself and pick it up? Pick him up if you have to. It sucks because it only a $1 actions, so I doubt you could get ebay involved. I would give him major negative feedback. You shouldn't have to pay more than what the auction stated. No matter if he's a n00b or not.

You are picking it up from him, right? Why not just go to the garage yourself and pick it up? Pick him up if you have to. It sucks because it only a $1 actions, so I doubt you could get ebay involved. I would give him major negative feedback. You shouldn't have to pay more than what the auction stated. No matter if he's a n00b or not.

That's what I insisted as well but he claimed that he had to be present to enter the storage garage and similar BS. My thoughts exactly. Believe me, he ain't gettin' any good feedback out of this. I totally agree but that is pretty much the only way I can get the sequencer. I'll look on the bright side... $80 is still a pretty good deal for a DNA Sequencer IMO.

-Jakob

Thats OK, let him be present. Pick him up on the way to the storage, then drop him off on the way back.

I know $80 is a good deal. It just frosts my balls when people pull that crap. He didnt get anymore bids, so when you get there tell him you could only get $40. He'll take it.

Tim71

Noob my arse! The guy has had 192 transactions on ebay! Oh well, I hope everything turns out alright.

Tim

Just a late update... The guy messaged me and canceled the day before I was supposed to drive up. Me and my father had to plan our week around driving up to go get the laser system... And this asshole had the nerve to delay us until December because he was "just too busy". How self-centered of him to make us take time out of our busy schedules, only to let us know that he is too busy himself. First he raises the price to 80 times the original. Then he tells us we have to drive to a completely different place to get it. Then he puts us off till December. What a horrible seller...

-Jakob

EDIT: Sorry for ranting...

daguin

I just salvaged out a couple of ABI Prism model 3700's.

I got one laser doing 90mW of ML and one doing 120mW of ML :D

These came with the gold "switchable" PSU's instead of the 220V PSU's and the small fans are 24V instead of 220V. The big laser cooling fans are still 220V, but getting switchable PSU's is a major bonus :)

Peace,
dave

Just a late update... The guy messaged me and canceled the day before I was supposed to drive up. Me and my father had to plan our week around driving up to go get the laser system... And this asshole had the nerve to delay us until December because he was "just too busy". How self-centered of him to make us take time out of our busy schedules, only to let us know that he is too busy himself. First he raises the price to 80 times the original. Then he tells us we have to drive to a completely different place to get it. Then he puts us off till December. What a horrible seller...

-Jakob

EDIT: Sorry for ranting...

Sorry to hear that man. Well, at least you still got your rigel and 12x blu-ray keychain ;).

I just salvaged out a couple of ABI Prism model 3700's.

I got one laser doing 90mW of ML and one doing 120mW of ML :D

These came with the gold "switchable" PSU's instead of the 220V PSU's and the small fans are 24V instead of 220V. The big laser cooling fans are still 220V, but getting switchable PSU's is a major bonus :)

Peace,
dave

Well, I hope that I have enough luck to still manage to get mine from this horrible seller that I'm dealing with. Sounds like you have a lot of nice argons in your possession! :)

-Jakob

Sorry to hear that man. Well, at least you still got your rigel and 12x blu-ray keychain ;).

Very true :D I loves mah lasors. But I gotta get an argon-laser at some point!

-Jakob

P.S. Aren't you the guy that I met at MIT during inventeams because of my Rigel?! :D

daguin

Well, I hope that I have enough luck to still manage to get mine from this horrible seller that I'm dealing with. Sounds like you have a lot of nice argons in your possession! :)

-Jakob

Don't let the time limit for a chargeback or dispute pass

LOL! Looking around I see a cool dozen argon lasers and PSU's here :D

Of course most of them are systems that I have available for sale, so I'm not really THAT crazy :tinfoil:

Peace,
dave