Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Circular Laser in a wall

Hi,

I search a solution for optics to show a green laser cycle on a wall (see attachment) from ~30 - 40m distance.
The cycle i want to have a ~2m diameter in distance to ~30 - 40m.

It is possible this?
It is possible to have adjustable cycle diameter with optics?

I dont want in this time to build or buy a laser show and i search for a solution with optics instead galvo motors.

I have a 303 green laser pointer.

My general need is to be able to show in a wall simple geometric shapes with low cost if it possible.

Attachments

• laser_2.jpg
    laser_2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 140

diachi

Hi,

I search a solution for optics to show a green laser cycle on a wall (see attachment) from ~30 - 40m distance.
The cycle i want to have a ~2m diameter in distance to ~30 - 40m.

It is possible this?
It is possible to have adjustable cycle diameter with optics?

I dont want in this time to build or buy a laser show and i search for a solution with optics instead galvo motors.

I have a 303 green laser pointer.

My general need is to be able to show in a wall simple geometric shapes with low cost if it possible.

https://www.edmundoptics.com/resources/application-notes/optics/an-in-depth-look-at-axicons/

Interesting, thanks for the link.
The end result i want is similar to laser_1.jpg attachment. laser_1.jpg is from laser show machine.
Τhe cost for lens is not small, it is compared with the cost of build a laser show.

Is the only solution for geometric shapes with optics?
Can i have other shapes with lower cost?

For example, i try to rotate a small mirror with tilt and the result in not bad (laser_3.jpg ). The frame in not complete cycle because the speed of rotation is too low. I prefer a solution without moving parts.

Attachments

• laser_1.jpg
    laser_1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 70
  • laser_3.jpg
    laser_3.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 53
Have you considered a white board?
Yes, but my needs is to show visible light source in a daylight outdoor, from ~40 meters.

Or if that's too simple/not functional enough, a video projector.
Outdoor, in daylight is difficult to have a large projector to show me a strong and visible geometric shape. See laser_4.jpg, is a processed image frame from my camera. Ιf it does not have a strong light source it can not process properly.
Video projector is not a choice :(

From my view the best solution is a small and mobile laser show or a laser pointer with optics.

I found this:

https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Axicon_for_ring_shaped_laser_beam_generation

https://www.lasercomponents.com/de-en/news/shape-your-laser-beam-into-a-ring-profile-1/

If understand well, something like this (https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Optical-Laser-Shook-Jong-Conical-lens_60049594065.html) converts the laser beam to the circle?

Attachments

• laser_4.jpg
    laser_4.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

LaserCircle

I have a patent to solve this type problem and to project a size-adjustable laser circle onto a target wall or screen. You can use the idea outside of US and China. Basically, you need to shape the laser beam through a pair of plano-convex lenses and a rotating prism. Please refer to the attached chart to further understand how it works. You may get more details to download a copy of the patent at asight-llc.com. It is fun to change the size of circle to match the highlighted content.

LaserCircle

It is available in the U.S. only. To learn more, please go to asight-llc.com for details. The size-adjustable circular laser beam can aid your communication and marking. It is clear to view, precise to highlight, and easy to the eyes. You can get a product usage guide for the specifications, functions, and unique features.

vlavla

It is available in the U.S. only. To learn more, please go to asight-llc.com for details. The size-adjustable circular laser beam can aid your communication and marking. It is clear to view, precise to highlight, and easy to the eyes. You can get a product usage guide for the specifications, functions, and unique features.

vlavla

Thanks for this. I did have a look but need circle of 1.5-2.5 metres diameter. It will be portable attached to a pole.

I had contacted Civil Laser who said that the laser could not be powered more than 2 minutes. Strange.

Anyway I have the right idea but ask for anyone who can put me in the right direction. Thanks all in advance.

LaserCircle

Generating a large circle is not a problem. The laser circle will be enlarged when the laser source is moved away from the wall. A large laser circle needs a high-power laser source to make the circle look brighter. If you only need a fixed laser circle, you can create it by either the reflection from a rotating mirror or the refraction through an optical wedge.

vlavla

Generating a large circle is not a problem. The laser circle will be enlarged when the laser source is moved away from the wall. A large laser circle needs a high-power laser source to make the circle look brighter. If you only need a fixed laser circle, you can create it by either the reflection from a rotating mirror or the refraction through an optical wedge.
Thanks.

I did get a quote For red 100mw, the sample price is 216$/pcs. This is portable and the battery time is about 3 hours. The rating is 3B. Just a little concerned on safety. I will wear it in a fixed position and hope that this will not be considered unsafe