Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Check my 6x build please! Update: It's Finished w/pics

:thanks: for the nice words. I appreciate them.

I have to admit for as much crap as WL has rightfully received over the Arctic Spyder 3 that's what revived my interest in lasers. I had planned on building a 1W 445 based off StyroPyro's tutorial (which lead me) here but not trusting my build skills (a wise choice as it turned out) I ended up buying one of yobresal's excellent builds instead. This build was fun and I have another one planned for the empty host (any guesses as to the color? :eg: ) that's waiting on funding to get a couple flex drives.

I had planned on taking and posting the pics earlier but I couldn't resist finishing my 5-7mw 635 pen build after the last part I needed yesterday afternoon since the custom driver I built for it has been mocking mr for a week. I'll be posting that thread later today over in the reds forum but first I need to do some things around the house that I put off yesterday so I could finish my lasers then try and find the spring from one of my aixiz modules that rolled off my desk last night.
Hmm 635 nm red pen, sounds nice!

About that spring, careful, if you step on it with some footwear on, you'll hear very juicy crunchy sound and spring will be deformed forever, won't be suitable for use anymore. Don't ask me how I know.

Doh. This wasn't the thread I meant to post in. Guess I shouldn't keep that many tabs open to LPF at once. :p

Now back to trying to find that spring.....

Last edited:

hydguy

Looks way too clean in there...How do you get any thing done?:crackup:
Laser looks clean too, Nice

Nice work! I want to do a 12X 405, but I have to wait until the funds are available. With you doing builds like this it makes me want to do one even more.

Looks way too clean in there...How do you get any thing done?:crackup:
Laser looks clean too, Nice

Ha. If you mean my work table (aka a wooden TV tray I bought at Target a couple years ago) it has to stay clean because it's a small surface. That and since the build was done I removed everything from it that I didn't want in the shot. I also usually move stuff off before taking any in progress shots too because it makes for nicer pics IMO. Guess that's the (amateur) photographer in me showing. :D The work room isn't exactly clean either but with the proper camera aperture and cropping you can hide a lot. :whistle:

OOGiorge-

A 12x is either going to be my next build or the following depending on if I decide to build my own 445 first since I bought the one I mentioned earlier. Probably going to have to wait on the 12x till after the first of the year because I'm going to need another host and from I've been reading a microboost since the 12x power demand is pretty can exceed what a flexdrive can supply supply so you won't get the max output from the diode.