Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheapest visible beam laser.

I want a decent laser pointer, and I want to be able to see the beam somewhat clearly at night, it doesnt have to be fancy, just decent. I live in the U.S.

What is the cheapest, but decent, visible beam laser pointer that I would be able to see at night?

this is what I found, Is there any thing better or cheaper or somthing? I dont want to spend over 15$, but if I have to, 20$, but the cheaper the better.

This is the laser i found- This ones only 8$, Im pretty sure the beam is visible at night

Amazon.com: 5mw 532nm Astronomy Powerful Green Laser Pointer - Black: Electronics

Is that any good? If not reccomend a different cheap laser pointer that has a visible beam at night

That would probably be fine. Just be aware that it will almost certainly be over 5mw in power which will include nearly invisible IR as well that can fry an eyeball pretty quick.

One thing to remember is if you have a green pointer and it stops working when the switch is pressed hold something in front of it and see if you see a faint cherry red glow. If you do that is laser light from the IR pump diode and can seriously damage your eye if you look directly at it.