Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CHEAPEST Laser with IR filter

M

MirrorLaser

ANY laser, I was about to RMA my NOVA, becouse the IR filter came off.... and I couldnt, couse I cleaned it with towel and water..... I dont know why I was so stupid to tell them that...... so I want to buy a cheap laser, take the filter out, and put it in my nova....

Rhith

you can buy them online, or just ask Nova and you can probably get one from them.

M

MirrorLaser

Filters both 808nm and 1064nm infra-red

Arent green 532nm ?

yes - it will filter *out* the IR (808nm and 1064nm) and let the green (532nm) pass through unaffected, this is pretty much a standard IR filter as used on greens :)

LarryQ

First off..you Were NOT BEING STUPID telling them the truth...you were being HONEST!!!!!

Lying to get what you want is No way to approach this problem!

Secondly...Did you ask them about sending it in for repair...???

As a customer..I'm sure they want to be reasonable with you!!!!

I would think a repair is the way you should go....

Face it..they have a lot more experience with Optics that you or I do..leave it to them to correct the problem...

Do you still have the IR filter>>>???
Or did you loose it??

Good Luck
Larry

M

MirrorLaser

LarryQ said:
First off..you Were NOT BEING STUPID telling them the truth...you were being HONEST!!!!!

Lying to get what you want is No way to approach this problem!

Secondly...Did you ask them about sending it in for repair...???

As a customer..I'm sure they want to be reasonable with you!!!!

I would think a repair is the way you should go....

Face it..they have a lot more experience with Optics that you or I do..leave it to them to correct the problem...

Do you still have the IR filter>>>???
Or did you loose it??

Good Luck
Larry

Its in the laser, but its lose, when I move the laser, you can hear it move...... its too much to the side, it wont do anything

Gazoo

I thought you had sent this in for repair. Why didn't you? I would...it's too nice of a laser not to have properly fixed.

LarryQ

Definately get that laser in to Nova for repair!!!

FIrst thing I would do is get that filter OUT OF THERE!!!

Take out the Batteries...unscrew the appature, and remove that filter...
Banging around in there is certainly not doing that filter any good!!!

If you have a lens cloth..carefully wrap it up....
Write a long descriptive letter stating exactly what you did, and give Magdalena a call at nova for an RMA..

Get that laser in for repair!!!

Sure you will be down without a laser for a while....but wouldn't you rather KNOW that it was fixed properly??

Unless you have the equipment to test the IR output..will you feel confident the laser is SAFE without letting them do the repair>???

Even if you are completely careful...one speck of dust INSIDE the lens is going to mess up your beam!!!!

It's your laser..and your Money....We can only make suggestions...you have to live with the results.

Good Luck

Larry

S

SenKat

Reventón said:
ANY laser, I was about to RMA my NOVA, becouse the IR filter came off.... and I couldnt, couse I cleaned it with towel and water..... I dont know why I was so stupid to tell them that...... so I want to buy a cheap laser, take the filter out, and put it in my nova....

Why not just ASK Nova if they can repair it for you ? And why in the world did you clean it like that ?