Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheapest blue laser 3 or more?

You are but if you are going to have to wear safety glasses every time you use it, why not just get a lower powered laser?

I recommend this with the combo deal for all 3, it's only $40 and you get 3 lasers 405nm (Violet) 532nm (green) and 650nm (red) so you can experience different wavelengths.

The red one is powerful enough to burn stuff (Light matches, burn wood etc). And has a dot as bright as a 3W 445nm laser

The green one has a beam as bright as a 1W 445nm and a dot as bright as a 2W 445nm

And the violet one can make stuff glow in the dark and is a different color depending on the surface you point it on.

These 3 lasers will be much more exciting than 1 3W 445nm laser and although you still have to respect them, they will not blind you as easily as a 1W+ laser would. But ALWAYS treat lasers with respect.

Don't forget safety goggles. Its best to get a really good pair such as an eagle pair from survival laser. But if those are out of your budget right now, I sell budget laser safety goggles that I tested. Remember you will need 2 different pairs, one to cover the 405nm and 532nm and one to cover 650nm. No goggles can do all three otherwise you wouldn't be able to see through them because they would have to block all visible light.

Great info thanks sir, I'll buy that so.

But about 200mw red dot is as bright as 2W blue, thats strange o.o.

And about green, I know is the brighter color, but I saw something like conversion *4 like 200 MW GREEN is as bright as 200 * 4 -> 800 blue

Great info thanks sir, I'll buy that so.

But about 200mw red dot is as bright as 2W blue, thats strange o.o.

And about green, I know is the brighter color, but I saw something like conversion *4 like 200 MW GREEN is as bright as 200 * 4 -> 800 blue

Check out the Relative Perceived Laser Brightness Calculator in my signature. Keep in mind it doesn't take into account beam/dot diameter which is usually smallest with a 532nm laser.