Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap tecs?

Well i got them but i need to know what is better a 7v 800ma transformer or a 15v 600ma for powering them with the most power, or would it be better to put a 1.2a transformer in parallel with the 7v 800ma one for the most amps?

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

Gazoo

None of those options will work because it will draw too much current. If you want to play with it use three or four nimh batteries. I don't know how much current it will draw at higher voltages but I bet it is a hefty amount.

Well actualy the 7v one in parallel with the 1.2a one actualy works, it will run for an hour before the transformers get to hot, but i got a better way, a sealed lead acid battery that gives out 13v it doesnt even get warm, hopefully it will last awhile i dont have any way to charge it unless a charger meant for car batteries will work.

Thanks for showing me those, they work great and i got 5 of them for the price of 2 without heatsinks, thats a good deal ;D

....lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Gazoo

I didn't know you had a lead acid battery... ;D Don't let the voltage go much below 11 volts on the battery...do you know how many amps the battery is? A charger for car batteries might be too much current.

Glad you are happy with them. That silver clip comes off the heatsink easily...but you may have figured it out by now.. ;D

Things

A car battery charger charges lead cids fine, just keep an eye on it, if your car battery charger has one of those charge guages on it, it will most likely say its fully charged when its not.

Gazoo

Things that may be true depending on the amp hour of his battery. But if he has a 7 amp battery and uses a 20 amp car battery charger, he will kill his battery. For example, the maximum initial charge rate for a 7 amp battery is 1.75 amps using a constant current charger.

Wow they are alot easier to use without those metel clips, i had been pulling on them and they want come off but i finally figured that there just hooked on to the side not glued, if only the tec would form ice.  It seems to work better at 5v than at 13v, all the extra voltage is like just being changed into heat not cooling ability so with a 5v transformer i found it cools down faster.  Is there any way to take these tecs of of the heatsink i want to stack 2 ontop of each other so i might be able to make ice with them.

I got 6 of those batteries they came from a power supply for a computer when the power goes out, doesnt say what amps it is but there is a circle on the bottom with the numbers 1thru12 around it and an arrow pointing to 5 with 05 written on the side of the arrow, is it a 5amp battery or something?

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Gazoo

The capacity of the battery should be written on it if you can see it.

I don't think the peltiers will come off. But having a fan to cool the heatsink will help a lot. I didn't know they would not form ice...... I have not hooked mine up to 12 volts.

I did have a fan on it for about 30min running, it was kinda warm tho so maybe if i cool the heatsink more it might, i looked all over the battery theres basicly only 2 numbers that might show what amps it is.

pwhr1234w2fr

050412a1

Maybe the last one shows the amps? it has an a in it

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Yep thats it, exact same measurments, I never seem to think of stuff like that, if you dont know something google it ;D

....lazer... ;D ;D ;D