Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap 1st Surface Mirrors?

Try this: http://www.sciplus.com - It's a company called American Science and Surplus, they have an outlet here in Milwaukee that ROCKS, beam splitters, optics, etc plus about a bazillion things to keep us geeks happy for PENNIES compared to anyone else I've found... They usually have 1st surface mirrors in a few sizes on their site, if not, give one of the store locations a call (number on site) and they'll alost always have someone pack up and ship what they have, even if it's not on their site.

http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm/subsection/21/category/190

First Surface Mirrors
Optical imaging folk insist that their reflective surfaces be on top of the glass, because an optically minor “ghost” is created with back surface mirrors. These “First Surface” optical mirrors generally also have better glass and flatter surfaces than their household brethren. Delicate, with the fragile reflective surface exposed, they carry the prices that precision demands. If you are playing with lasers, photography or optical alignment, the first surface items below are what you need. Dimensions are included in the description as width x length x thickness, all in mm.

69134 FS MIRR., 1.5X1.5X1 $2.50 EACH
4112 MIRROR, FS, 77 X 194 X 3 $2.00 EACH

if you want a cheap hard drive just go to your local computer repair shop and ask if they have any dead or cheap "salvaged" hdd for very little. i used to work in such a place name not relavent since they wont ship these and they unload about 10 of these dead hdds on me a month they are fun to pull apart and good for strong magnets, motors, and (just recently found out) heat sinks for a laser