Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

charging 18650 batteries?

BShanahan14rulz:

I absolutely agree, and that is the reason I said do not go for cheap chargers.You do not know what is out there.

Pila is very good charger (even though it is almost impossible to find one test review which can confirm CC/CV charging). But from many recommendations it should be pretty good.Only downside is extremely high price for functions that this charger can offer. $45+S/H at most places.

Hobby charger, yes-> Right price, yes -> to recommend it to somebody who is new to charging -> no.

Cheers

Quite unusual approach to safety related issue. But that's your opinion.
I would never recommend to any new user to do that - having in mind that 100s of battery chargers, and batteries (known, and unknown) being sold to the worldwide market.

Yeah, I unplug the microwave and toaster when I'm not using them - there are hundreds of cheap chinese models that might short circuit or catch fire. I shut off the main breaker to the house when I leave. You never know, something might blow up.

I also have meteorite insurance, use a face shield while cooking, and remove my car battery and disconnect the fuel line when I turn the car off. I wear safety glasses while setting mouse traps and have a fume hood for my incense burner.

Safety first. :beer:

WOW! :wtf:

I have that charger, but its branded UltraFire I have had it for about 3 years, and have had it open to re-attach the springs and it looks like the same charger inside too!
Its gotten hot before, but nothing like that LOL
I feel Like I should be buying another charger soon after seeing this.

Last edited:
WOW! :wtf:

I have that charger, but its branded UltraFire I have had it for about 3 years, and have had it open to re-attach the springs and it looks like the same charger inside too!
Its gotten hot before, but nothing like that LOL
I feel Like I should be buying another charger soon after seeing this.

They use the same manufacturer - later, they just print their logo. Saving money on design.

Hit and miss.
Extremely slow - which sometimes is better.
BUT,
many of them overcharge to 4.25V - problem.
20% defect rate.
Separate AC/DC adapter-good.
Don't like chargers with everything jammed in charging unit - Hazard.