Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cctv camera

hi all. i was wondering what would happene if i shot my laser into a cctv camrea? the reason i ask is that i have 2 on my house (one at the front and one at the back) while am playing with my lasers at night and trying to hit low could, i was thinking "what if i hit my cctv camera" i was wondering if any one knew what would happene to it ? would it break it? or would the cctv be ok ? of coruse i wouldnt do mean to do this as i cant afford to buy a new cctv set up. but we all know things can happene that are out of our control...

Rafa

Yeah, it will kill'em if its powerful.

I have one camera with broken CMOS because my little 1W 445nm hit it.

The sensor can be damaged by a laser hit. Every once in a while, we see pictures here on the forum where the camera got damaged by the laser and shows dead pixels in the images. Keep the laser away from your security setup, and hope that no crooks zap it either.

ive got a nice 2oomw green i play with am sure that would break it. ive still to use my arctic 1w at night yet