Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cats and Dogs

Yeah, not a cat fan myself. My first wife had a cat shortly after we got married. She never had her spayed and she had a litter of kittens which she ate the heads off.

• Wow
Reactions: GSS

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
My pitbull/bullmastiff mix loves the laser!! Goes NUTS!
That's how we picked one of our rescues. I dotted the far wall of the room. Three of about a dozen puppies noticed, but only one got up to go check out the 'thing' on the wall. I used curiosity as a proxy for a smart dog. Seems to have worked out well!

My previous dog loved to chase the laser. Never met another dog since that did. My bearded dragon would also chase it for a bit but he lost interest when he realized he couldnt eat it

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
My previous dog loved to chase the laser. Never met another dog since that did. My bearded dragon would also chase it for a bit but he lost interest when he realized he couldnt eat it
Just press the button on a laser 303 anywhere in my house and you'll have a playful amstaff in front of you in mere seconds. She can hear the switch click!

Just press the button on a laser 303 anywhere in my house and you'll have a playful amstaff in front of you in mere seconds. She can hear the switch click!
Yeah my dog learned to recognize the click of my red laser. So do my cats lol.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Weirdest thing I've ever had chase a dot was a wolf spider. This was over 20 years ago, watching the spider chase the dot from a dollar store keychain red across my ceiling..... It felt almost like a pet.....for a few minutes :)
I’ve seen jumping spiders react too.

And same her Blarg. My dog recognises anything that clicks as a laser pen. And anything that remotely looks like a laser or a torch he’s readily waiting for the light.

GSS

My cat loves chasing that dot. At first it was cute but it got to a unhealthy situation though. Thats why I stopped tinkering with my lasers or slowed down alot.
She obsessed trying to catch the dot. It did a number on her mentally and physically she would dive on the dot from chairs, couches, tables. and smashing into things. I had to stop because she was going to get hurt. She also got exhausted to the point of panting
Yup the clicky switch sound got her crying and even when I said the work "click click" she would cry.

I can lock her in another room but she still knows and cries when i'm using my lasers.
Her sister cat that my neighbor has couldn't care less about the dot, she might try and smell it but thats it.

Big pet peeve of mine is when people use those way over rated 303 lasers to play with their animals😠

Last edited:

Dusty_Lenses

I’ve seen jumping spiders react too.

And same her Blarg. My dog recognises anything that clicks as a laser pen. And anything that remotely looks like a laser or a torch he’s readily waiting for the light.
Jumping spiders are quite unique having a strange awareness to their surroundings. If you get their attention simply by standing in front of one, you'll notice they give you undivided attention and will follow your motion closely.

Never liked spiders, but the jumpers are fascinating. I don't mind the little guys .

Reactions: GSS