Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Care and feeding of your Arctic beast

Hey, I got my laser delivered to me on Dec 28/10 do you know if the S3 Lasers are still of G2 design or do they now have a G3 version? the reason why I ask is because I am worried about the black wire being too short and disconnecting as soon as the module is unscrewed.

I think the better question is, do you know if ALL G2 models have the same problem with the black wires being too short?

ZapU

Don't know if the new Arctics have a longer wire. Why would you remove the module?

ZapU

well wouldn't you unscrew the module in order refocus the lens?

No, the lens can be unscrewed from the module. You need to clean off the epoxy seal with a pick first. If necessary, you may have to hold the module steady while you remove the lens. The module can be held with needle nose pliers. If you are not clear on the procedure, you shouldn't try it. You will void your warranty if you mess up.

okay I am indeed quite confused here now, being that I don't know diddaly squat about dismantling things, ESPECIALLY!!! a S3 laser contraption.

So first question, when I clean the epoxy I would clean with a q-tip is that right?

and second if the module should NEVER be unscrewed then why was it mentioned being attempted on in your guide? is that only if one would wish to change and replace the lens diode itself?

please clarify?

ZapU

Please read both my guides completely. There should be enough info there. If you are still confused, and you don't know squat about dismantling things, don't mess with it. Find someone who can or leave it alone. You would be safer modifying the low power training lens for burning.

The pic of a G1 module unscrewed is from someone who was curious and willing to risk his warranty

Last edited:
okay okay so just to confirm, you "DONT" need to "EVER" unscrew the module for "ANY" given "REASON", is that correct?

and I am trying to find someone to do this, but I can't and the people who are capable aren't willing to,

the reason why I ask these intellectually "inferior" questions is because my mind gets lost on all this "technical" stuff since I am not "electronically" familiarized with these type of things, despite me having read your guide(s)

Last edited:
HOLI SHIT!!!! i am reading all these forums to educate myself when I only end up confusing myself, LOL!!!!!

hey ZapU, you said "would be safer modifying the low power training lens for burning", you were reffering to the lens within the laser and not the various lens's which you can screw on and off the arctic right?

please forgive me but I just had ta ask, cause NOW I feel REALLY stupid LOL!!!!!

yo Zap, I just got my G2 Spyder 3 Wicked Laser yesterday and I intend to go with the adjustments as shown here in your post but I am just curious though, the color change from blue to a purple shaded beam, is that the result of tightening the diameter of the lens? or is that a totally different diode lens which you replaced the original WL diode with?

ZapU

Akaalis, JuruWalter. Welcome to the forum to both of you. As newcomers, forum etiquette involves going the the Welcome thread and introducing yourselves to the community. Also you should read the Rules thread if you haven't already. Your best asset here is the search function. Experienced members here are willing to assist with questions that haven't already been answered.

Juru, if you read carefully, I never said I replaced the diode. I replaced the collimating lens. Different tints of blue/purple are the result of various camera settings. 445nm lasers are not true blue, but a shade to purple.

Akaalis, yes, I refocused the collimating lens. You can also put a magnifying lens in front of the laser to achieve the same result. Please try to search the forum for articles to tell you how to put a magnifying lens in your training lens.
Of course, Wicked also sells a burning lens in their expanded lens kit.