Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Car Insurance?

Does anyone know how far I can go with car interior modifications before I have to let my insurance company know? I have found some rather nice duel 12" 2,400W sub woofers for rather cheap online which got me thinking...

As far as I know, I don't have to say about speakers or head units under £200 or so... (not totally sure about head units).

rkcstr

I'm pretty sure it would depend on the company.  Check your policy or call them up and ask or both.

For mine, I have to get additional coverage if it is over $1000US, but it also has to be "permanently" installed. But, that may be different from other insurers.

rkcstr said:
I'm pretty sure it would depend on the company.  Check your policy or call them up and ask or both.

For mine, I have to get additional coverage if it is over $1000US, but it also has to be "permanently" installed.  But, that may be different from other insurers.

Not actually sure if its different in different countries for this kind of stuff, should have mentioned im in England. What do you mean permanently installed? Once its all wired up in the boot its not going to be moving unless I get a new car.

rkcstr

I have no idea what it is like over there. As for permanently installed, I think they typically mean that it is installed and not easily removable. But, they like to make their wording ambiguous so that they can find any small reason to deny your claim, you just gotta stand your ground.